The Government of Punjab has launched a Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme and Fee waiver Scholarship Scheme for meritorious and poor students in Punjab. The objective of the scheme is to encourage higher and technical education in the state. The scholarship and fees waiver will be provided to the students based on their results / marks in the qualifying examination. The scheme is launched by the Finance Minister, Manpreet Badal & Technical Education Minister Charanjeet Channi formally inaugurate the scheme.
There is a high percentage of students dropping off after their 10th class in the state and across India. Most of the meritorious students in Punjab can not continue with their studies due to the financial constraints. The scholarships and fees waiver schemes will encourage students and their families to pursive higher education. The financial assistance provided by the Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme provides the necessary support to continue higher technical education. Technical degree or diploma also increases the chances of getting job for the students and also develop skills in them which they can use to setup their own businesses.
What is Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme / Fee waiver Scholarship Scheme Punjab? A scholarship (fees waiver) schemes for meritorious students in Punjab. All those students who score between 60 to 100 percent marks in the 10th exams will be provided fees waiver based on the percentage of marks scored by them.
Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme / Fee waiver Scholarship Scheme Punjab Eligibility:
- All the students who are residents of Punjab and studying in Punjab can apply for the scheme
- Students who has scored between 60% to 100% marks in the 10th examinations are eligible for the scholarship and the fee waiver
- Students studying in all government Polytechnic & Engineering Colleges, Maharaja Ranjit Singh University, Bathinda and IKGPTU, Jalandhar are eligible
Fee waiver under Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme / Fee waiver Scholarship Scheme: The fees waiver is provided under the scheme based on the percentage marks scored by the students in 10th class exams.
- 60% – 70% in 10th: 70% fees will be waived off
- 70% – 80% in 10th: 80% fees will be waived off
- 80% – 90% in 10th: 90% fees will be waived off
- 90% and above in 10th: 100% fees will be waived off (free education)
Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme: Benefits
- Poor students can pursive higher and technical education
- Students are rewarded based on their marks so they will be encouraged to study more
- Parents will be encouraged to continue their kids education
- No student in the Punjab needs to leave his education due to financial issues in the family
- Higher technical education increases the chances of the employment
- It will also develop skills in the students and they can start their own business and create self employment opportunity for themselves and others
Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme / Fee waiver Scholarship Scheme: How to apply & application forms
The government is yet to provide detailed for step by step application procedure for Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme / Fee waiver Scholarship Scheme. This section will be updated based on the government`s announcement. The scheme is launched and students from 2017-18 back can apply for the same. For more details and application form for Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme / Fee waiver Scholarship Scheme contact your college.
Other Initiative by the govt. to improve technical education in Punjab:
- PhD is now made compulsory for recruitment of teachers and faculty in polytechnics and all the engineering colleges in Punjab
- Government will focus on the admissions to the polytechnics and engineering colleges
- Government will be pushing for 100% admissions in the colleges and strict action will be taken against those colleges who don’t have good enough number of admissions
- Government colleges are pushed for 100% campus placement of students
- Infrastructure of government polytechnics and engineering colleges will be improved
- Labs, equipments and additional funds will be provided
- Biometric attendance system for teachers and students will be installed
- CCTV cameras will be installed to ensure the safety and security of all the students and faculty
More details & references:
- Government of Punjab Notification: CLICK HERE to download
- Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme / Fee waiver Scholarship Scheme Guidelines
- Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship Portal, Govt. of Punjab: punjabscholarships.gov.in
- National Scholarship Portal: scholarships.gov.in