The Chief Minister of Manipur N. Biren Singh launched Chief Ministergi Hakshelgi Tengbang (CMHT): a health scheme Below Poverty Line people in Manipur. The scheme was launched on the occasion of the state day, the Manipur state was formed on the same day in 1972.
Chief Ministergi Hakshelgi Tengbang Benefits:
- The scheme will provide financial assistance of Rs. 2 lakh for treatment in hospitals for BPL families
- The scheme will cover liver ailment, cancer, neo-natal diseases, kidney diseases, neurological conditions, cardiovascular diseases and burns
- It will provide cashless treatment in the selected hospitals including district hospitals and community health centres
- Bills upto Rs. 2 lakh will be reimbursed by the state government
- BPL families will also get financial assistance for treatment outside the state as well of upto Rs. 2 lakh using health cards
In December 2017 the Manipur government launched a scheme for disabled. Under the scheme financial assistance of Rs. 1500 is given to the disabled along with loan of Rs. 2 lakh for self employment and monthly scholarship to the students.
The CM Biren Singh also launched 10 ambulances one for each districts in the state. The ambulances are equipped with advanced life-support systems.