Tamil Nadu Government started a free meal scheme across the state. Under the scheme government school student from class first to fifth will be getting breakfast and lunch from Monday to Friday in school. The government started to provide breakfast also to kids because they came to school without having breakfast.
With the scheme, the government wants to ensure that the students go to school every day and also to ensure that they get all the healthy nutrients and fight malnutrition in the state. This scheme will be implemented in more than 1,500 government schools in the state of Tamil Nadu. The state government will spend Rs.33.56 crore to execute this scheme.
|Scheme Name:||Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme|
|Launched Under||Tamil Nadu Government|
|Launched By||Chief Minister MK Stalin|
|Launch Date||September 15, 2022|
|Beneficiaries||Students studying in schools|
|Main Objective||To provide free breakfast and lunch to students of class 1st to 5th of government schools across the state|
- All school students from class 1st to 5th will get breakfast as well as lunch Monday to Friday during school.
- Reducing malnutrition in the state.
- To encourage children to attend regular school and study more and more.
- Increased literacy population in the state.
- School students from classes 1st to 5th only will get the benefit of the scheme
- Applicable to only government schools in Tamil Nadu