Centre for Cultural Resource and Training (CCRT) under the aegis of Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India awards 650 scholarship to school children for getting specialised training in traditional form of music, dance, drama, painting, sculpture, crafts and literary arts. CCRT Scholarship is a Scholarship for child artists in the age group of 10-14 years initially for 2 years. Students get a monthly scholarship as well as for the fees for the specialized training. The Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme aims at providing facilities to outstanding young children to develop their talents in various artistic fields. CCRT Scholarship awarded under the Scheme is initially for two years and is renewable after every two years, till the completion of the first University degree stage of education or up to the age of 20 years whichever is earlier subject to the awardees maintaining good progress.
Benefits of the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship:
- Total 650 scholarships will be awarded on the availability of funds, out of 650, 100 scholarships are reserved for Tribal Culture, 30 for children in the field of Creative Writing/ Literary Arts and 20 scholarships are reserved for Differently Abled
- Selected students under the CCRT Scholarship Scheme, will be offered training in a suitable situation where facilities for academic studies as well as classes for their respective art form will be offered under the concern of an approved Guru/teacher.
- The value of the scholarship will be Rs. 300 (Rs. 3600 annually) per month for those children who undergo their specialized training at the station where they are pursuing their academic studies and if it is a case of different town/ city Rs. 400 per month would be given.
- The actual fee paid for the specialized training to the Institution or to the guru/teacher will be given at the rate of Rs. 9000 per annum
- The institution/guru/teacher under whom the scholarship holder is placed for training will be required to send detailed half-yearly progress reports in respect of the scholars to the CCRT, New Delhi in the prescribed form.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Cultural Talent Search Scholarship:
- Children in the age group of 10-14 years-(whose date of birth is in between July 1, 2003, and June 30, 2007 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply for the award of scholarships for the year 2017-18.
- Special Eligibility: In exceptional cases, the lower age limit can be relaxed up to two years.
- Children between age 10-14 years who are
- studying either in recognized schools or
- belonging to families practicing traditional, performing and other arts are chosen for the scholarships.
- Children about to apply should possess a minimum of 3 years of experience (either with a Guru or in an institution) and a certain level of proficiency in the relevant art form.
- Not Eligible: Scholars those who are already receiving CCRT Scholarship are not eligible to apply for the scholarship again.
Documents Required for Cultural Talent Search Scholarship:
- In case of Tribal Students/ disabled students, applicants must attach the ST certificate/disability certificate whichever is applicable
- Students applying for Performing Arts
- A certificate from the Guru/teacher imparting training, clearly mentioning the details regarding the training received by them along with the
- Bio-data of the Guru/teacher as per the prescribed format in the application form
- Students applying for Painting
- Must attach Three (03) specimens of their latest work (either original or photograph) duly attested by their Guru/teacher along with the Bio-data of the Guru/teacher.
- Students applying for Craft, Sculpture
- Attach three photographs of latest work, duly attested by their Guru/teacher along with the Bio-data of the Guru/teacher
- Students have to apply by post for the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship. Download CCRT Application Form
- Application for the scholarship should be submitted by the parents/guardians in the prescribed form in one field/subject only.
- Gurus/Parents are requested to ensure that their wards possess a certain level of proficiency in the field while applying.
- The duly filled in CCRT Scholarship Application Form must be sent in hard-copy format to the address given in the contact detail section of this page
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: 15-A, Sector – 7, Pappankalan, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110075
- Telephone No: (011) 25088638,25309300
- Fax No: 91-11-25088637
- E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Cultural Talent Search Scholarship visit: http://www.ccrtindia.gov.in/scholarship.php