The Election Commission of India has launched cVIGIL App for the citizens of the country. The mobile app can be used to report model code of conduct (MCC) violations to the ECI. The ECI wants to involve citizens to conduct free & fare elections in the country. With the app the citizens can directly connect to the Election Commission & report misconduct by the parties & candidates.
|Launched By:||Election Commission of India (ECI)|
|App Features:||Citizens can report MCC violations to the commission|
|Who can use the app:||All the citizens of India|
C-VIGIL is the free app available on the Google Play Store for Android users. Users just need to download & install the app. They can upload photographs & videos of the violations. The app smartly takes the geo-coordinates of the location & sends it to the commission.
cVIGIL Mobile App Download: CLICK HERE to download the C-VIGIL app from the Google Play Store.
How cVIGIL App Works & How to Report MCC Violations?
- CLICK HERE to download & install the app
- In case you are using mobile phone then go to the Google Play Store & search for cVIGIL
- You will get cVIGIL app click on Install button
- Register yourself
- Upload photo or video of the MCC violations
- The app takes location & timestamp of your request
- The request then goes to the ECI & they act on it
ECI has flying squads who works on enforcing Model Code of Conduct. Alternatively citizens can also call National Contact Centre at 1800111950 or State Contact Centre at 1950 & report complaints. The complaints can also be reported to the ECI official website.