The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat launched a Loan Scheme called Deendayal Upadhyay Sehkarita Kisan Kalyan Yojna (DUSKKY) to provide loan to poor and marginal farmers. The marginal farmers and those living in the border areas of the country to get the loan of Rs. 1 lakh at an interest rate of 2% under Deendayal Upadhyay Sehkarita Kisan Kalyan Yojna.
The scheme is launched on the occasion of 18th foundation day celebration day of the Uttarakhand and is inspired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s plan to double their income by 2022. The government aims to help farmers to increase their agricultural income and also wants them to setup small scale agro-based units to improve livelihood.
4,300 cheques will be distributed among the marginal farmers along with 1500 poor farmers from the Dehardun. In rest of the state the Chief Minister will distribute the loan cheques said the Co-operative Minister D. S. Rawat. The CM provided some insights on his vision for the state too on the occasion. Talking about farm economy he said a Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme is implemented in the state to help farmers buy fertilizers. With DBT money is directly transfered to the beneficiaries account. The Central Government provides subsidy worth of Rs. 75 lakh crores annually to the state of Uttarakhand for farmers. The Chief Minister also told that the government is also working on providing soil health card to the farmers so that farmers can know about what exact seeds, fertilizers and pesticides to use. Government is also planning to generate self employment by the farmers in the rural areas in 670 panchayats. Out of which in 25 panchayats farm land testing has already began.
The border areas to get better mobile connectivity too. The government has signed up an agreement with the IIT Mumbai and will be implementing balloon technology to boost signals in the remote and border areas in the Uttarakhand. Presently there is no mobile connectivity or weak signals in the remote and border areas in the state. The Panchayat`s too will be getting video conferencing equipment and connectivity so that the people in the rural and remote areas can directly talk to the district officials and communicate their problems. The Chief Minister announced cash award of Rs. 5000 each for the members of women police band and Anti-Terrorist Squad.
Eligibility for Deendayal Upadhyay Sehkarita Kisan Kalyan Yojna (DUSKKY) / Loan Scheme / Who can apply for Deendayal Upadhyay Sehkarita Kisan Kalyan Yojna (DUSKKY) / Loan Scheme in Uttarakhand:
- Poor and marginal farmers
- People leaving in the border areas
How to apply online for Deendayal Upadhyay Sehkarita Kisan Kalyan Yojna (DUSKKY) / Loan Scheme?
The government has just launched the scheme and is yet to provide details. Once it is available we will update this article with step by step procedure for application of Deendayal Upadhyay Sehkarita Kisan Kalyan Yojna (DUSKKY) / Loan Scheme.
Highlights of Deendayal Upadhyay Sehkarita Kisan Kalyan Yojna (DUSKKY) / Loan Scheme:
- Loans of Rs. 1 Lakh for poor and marginalized farmers in the state at a interest rate of 2%
- People living in the border areas too will get the loan of Rs. 1 Lakh at a interest rate of 2%
- Loan is given to increase agricultural income of the farmers and also help them setup small scale agro-based units
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) implemented in the state and the people of the state to get subsidies in their accounts
- Soil health card will be given to all the farmers
- 2.5 lakh people from poor sections who did not get gas connection in Ujjawala Yojana to get free gas connections
- Pine leaves will be purchased by the government which is used as raw material in preparing turpentine and other substances used in industries
- Remote, rural and border areas to get better mobile connectivity with balloon technology