On September 6, 2021 Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Mr. Manish Sisodia announced the revised seed money of Rs. 2000 to all the government school children under the state government’s Seed Money Scheme. This scheme is a part of state government’s Entrepreneurship Mindset Curriculum introduced in 2019. Under this scheme all the school students of class 11 and 12 will now get the seed fund to build and execute their business ideas through projects and earn profits thereby. Interested students can carry out the business project individually or in groups. Mentors will be assigned for providing correct guidance to the students. This scheme was implemented as a pilot project in a school in Khichripur. Now after the success of the plot project the scheme is being extended to all the government schools in the state.
|Scheme name||Seed Money Scheme|
|Scheme Under||Delhi Government|
|Announcement Date||September 6, 2021|
|Announcement By||Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia|
|Start date||September 7, 2021|
|Beneficiaries||Government school students studying in Class 11 and 12|
|Benefit||Seed amount of Rs. 2000/-|
|Major Objective||To provide seed money and mentoring to the students to encourage them to cultivate their own business.|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide the students an opportunity to convert their business idea into reality
- Under this scheme the state government will provide seed amount of Rs. 2000 to the students for undertaking the projects and earning profits.
- All the state government school students in class 11 and 12 will be covered under the scheme.
- It aims at building entrepreneurial skills in the students since the start
- It tends to provide a platform to the students to learn more about starting and handling small business.
- This scheme will inculcate the idea of doing business in students.
- It will encourage the business mindset and innovation in the students.
- This scheme will contribute in building a strong base and ecosystem of start-ups in future.
- Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia announced the seed money scheme for all the government school students in the state, on September 6, 2021.
- This scheme is a part of state government’s Entrepreneurship Mindset Curriculum introduced in 2019.
- Under the initiative state government was providing a seed fund of Rs. 1000 for approved business ideas.
- Under the seed money scheme, the state government has revised the seed fund to Rs. 2000 to each student interested in starting a business.
- Under this scheme the government will also appoint mentors for the students for mentoring and assisting to the students for shaping their business idea into reality.
- It tends to provide a platform to the students for becoming entrepreneurs.
- This scheme was implemented in a school in Khichripur.
- In this pilot implementation, 41 students participated and brought up nine profitable business projects in just six weeks duration.
- This scheme includes all kinds of businesses like selling handmade chocolates, repairing mobile phones, selling handmade jewellery, personalized mugs, cultural painting, etc.
- This scheme tends to provide students with real time market knowledge and small business experience.
- It tends to benefit about 3, 50,000 students in the state.