On October 11, 2021 the Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched ‘Desh ka Mentor’ scheme in the state. Under this scheme, the students studying in Class 9 to 12 will get mentors for clearing their doubts regarding life and career choices. The Delhi government urges citizens across the country to come forward and mentor the students. Mentors would have a 10-15 minutes session with children daily related to the career and teenage issues during the duration of mentorship programme. It will thus give emotional support and contribute to shaping the future of the students in the state. This initiative aims to make education a mass movement in the nation.
|Scheme Name||Desh ka Mentor Scheme|
|Scheme Under||Delhi Government|
|Launched By||Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal|
|Launch Date||October 11, 2021|
|Beneficiaries||Students of Class 9-12|
|Benefit||Mentoring regarding life and careers concerns|
|Main Objective||To provide proper mentoring to students from eligible young individuals thereby ensuring proper career guidance and emotional support.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- This scheme aims for the assisting the students regarding career and teenage concerns.
- It aims at mapping of the beneficiary students in the state.
- It tends to provide guidance and emotional support to the students.
- Under this scheme, mentors of 18-35 years of age will be allotted to a group of 3-4 students
- It will reduce the generation gap and help students communicate freely with their mentors
- This scheme aims at holistic development of student.
- It will create a positive impact on the minds of students thereby helping them to overcome the difficulties and confusion in their lives.
- Delhi government started ‘Desh ka Mentor’ as a mentoring programme for students belonging to Class 9-12 in the state.
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched this scheme on October 11, 2021.
- This scheme is mainly launched for the helping the students to make the right choices for their life and career after class 9 to 12.
- Under the scheme, mentors will be allotted to the students for proper guidance .
- Mentors will be fresh graduates, work professionals, entrepreneurs and other in the age group of 18-35 years across the country.
- Any eligible individual can voluntarily come forward for mentoring, for which he/ she needs to register himself on the government’s app.
- It aims at one-to-one mapping of each student wherein the students will get non-judgmental help and guidance.
- Mentors will be allotted school wise for each group of 2-5 students.
- Students will be able to discuss with them all of their choices, career preferences, hobbies wished to be chosen as careers (if any), etc.
- Mentors would have a 10-15 minutes session with children daily during the duration of mentorship programme.
- Mentorship programme duration is compulsorily for 2 months and can be voluntarily extended to further 4 months if required.
- It is an initiative of holistic development of the child.
- It will help the students to make the right career choices and thus will thereby shape their future.