The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission – Niti Aayog has launched Digital India Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Innovate Challenge. This app innovation challenge aims at Make in India and Digital India concept. It aims at creating a platform for new apps in India, by the people in India, for the people in India and across the world.
This innovation challenge also has many Cash rewards for selected ideas. The entries from participants will be done by the experts and jury from private sector and academia.
|Challenge Name:||Digital India Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Innovate Challenge|
|Launched by:||The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission – Niti Aayog|
|Launch Date:||4th July, 2020|
|Who can Participate:||Only Indian entrepreneurs and start-ups|
- Last date for Submission: July 18 , 2020
- Screening of Entries Received: July 20 , to July 24 , 2020
- Evaluation by the July: July 27 to Aug 3 , 2020
- Final Announcement: Aug 7, 2020
Objectives of this Challenge:
- This challenge mainly focuses on encouraging the presently existing apps to improve and grow at a world class level
- It also focuses on encouraging new entrepreneurs and start-ups for stepping up and creating new apps and tech solutions. This is a long-term objective of the challenge.
Categories: There are following 8 broad categories in this App Innovation Challenge. New apps will be designed in the following categories:
1. Office Productivity & Work from Home
2. Social Networking
5. Health & Wellness
6. Business including Agritech and Fin-tech
There may be several sub categories within each category.
- Only Indian entrepreneurs and
- Indian start-ups
How to Participate:
- The interested candidate must Visit the government portal – innovate.mygov.in/app-challenge/
- Then applicant needs to go through all the information and background available and then click on Login to Participate
- Login through their email id/ Mobile OTP or any Social account
- After Logging in and filling the details, the applicants are advised to submit their own, self-made proposals, the proposals should only be from the mentioned 8 categories
- No changes will be accepted once proposals are submitted.
- Entries will be cancelled immediately in case of any incorrect or misleading information
Evaluation Criteria: The proposals from the participants will be evaluated/ checked on
the following criteria:
- Is the proposal, easy to use by the people?
- Is the proposal in good condition and is strong enough?
- Does the proposal have privacy and security features, for data privacy of people?
- Can the proposal be altered for further development and adding new features?
Following Awards will be given in each of the Eight Categories:
- First Prize: 20 Lakhs
- Second Prize: 15 Lakhs
- Third Prize: 10 Lakhs
In case Sub Categories are created, the Prize Money for each subcategory within each category will be as below:
- First Prize: 5 Lakhs
- Second Prize: 3 Lakhs
- Third Prize: 2 Lakhs