The Government of India has launched a platform/website for taking help of citizens of India and digitizing India called as Digitize India Platform (DIP). Citizens of India can work from home and help various government department in digitizing their records and documents and earn good monthly income/salary. They are called as Digital Volunteers / Contributors who are given Data Entry Jobs by the government of India.
The DIP program is important for Digital India initiative and will transform India into knowledge driven economy. The objective of the initiative is to make sure that all the government information is digitally available and can be accessed from anywhere. It is the ambitious scheme by the Prime Minister of India Shree Narendra Modi himself and he wants to transform government departments into digital enterprises.
What is Digitize India Platform (DIP)?
- Government departments has millions of documents, records etc stored in physical files.
- These are in different languages, formats and some of them are in hand-written format also.
- It is very difficult to find the information in these files.
- Most of the documents are damaged already as they are old records and some are damaged due to incorrect storage and handling.
- So government wants to digitize all the documents to make sure they are safe and information is easy to find out from anywhere, anytime.
- Since the number of documents are in millions, it is not possible for governments to scan and digitize them.
- So, government has launched Digitize India Platform (DIP) to take help of citizens of India.
- People will be given simple data entry jobs and will be paid for their work.
- It is a Ministry Of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India initiative.
Digitize India Platform (DIP) Helpline / Toll-Free Number
What is Digital Volunteer / Contributor? These are people who takes up data entry jobs and work from home under Digitize India Platform (DIP).
How Digitize India Platform (DIP) works / What you need to do as Digital Volunteer / Contributor?
- Government departments will scan documents and records they have as images, these images will be cut into smaller pieces to make sure that the information is secure.
- These pieces/images will be given to the Digital Volunteers / Contributors.
- Data Entry Work: They need to read the date from the images and store in files by typing content in the images which is called digitization of the content.
- Contributors then need to upload the data to the DIP platform.
- This digital information is then verified and stored into the database and given back to the concerned department.
- The digital contributors / volunteers will be given reward points for their work.
- Volunteers can redeem their points into money which will be transfered into their bank account.
Benefits of Digitizing Information / Digitize India Platform (DIP):
- Digitized documents are easy to search.
- Easier and faster access to the documents.
- Citizen services can be provided using digitized data.
- Better decisions can be taken with the digital data.
Eligibility & documents required to become digital volunteer:
- Applicant must be citizen of India.
- He must know how to use computer.
- He must have a computer/smart phone.
- Applicant must have a good internet connection.
- AADHAAR card
- Bank account linked with AADHAAR card.
Digital Volunteer / Contributor Benefits & Rewards:
- Work from anywhere anytime.
- No restriction on the education / degree.
- Get paid for data entry.
- Become part of the digital revolution in digitizing India.
How to register for Digital Volunteer / sign up for data entry work?
- Interested candidates can sign up online for digital india registration on digitizeindia.gov.in
- CLICK HERE to go to the digitizeindia.gov.in registration page
- Provide your full name, gender, date of birth, AADHAAR number and then click on Validate AADHAAR button to validate yourself.
- After successful verification, enter your username, password along with email id and mobile number.
- Click on “Register Now” to complete the registration.
- CLICK HERE to login to your account now.