The Knowledge Involvement Research Advance through Nurturing (KIRAN) Division of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has announced call for research proposal 2018-19 under Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B). Women scientists and technologists across India are eligible to apply. The project must focus on the social issues, challenges and the solution approach. Selected candidates will be given fellowship of upto Rs. 55 thousand per month to carryout their research. Graduates, Post-Graduates and Ph.D. students can apply for the DST Kiran 2018-19 Women Scientists Scheme-B call for proposal.
Area of Research:
- Agriculture & Allied Sciences (AAS)
- Health, Food & Nutrition (HFN)
- Engineering & Technology Development (ETD)
- Women with qualification in science and technology
- Age: women in the age group of 27-57 who took break in their career and wants to continue their research
- All those having permanent employment can not apply
Fellowship & Benefits:
- Ph.D or equivalent: Rs. 55,000 per month (max project cost: Rs. 30 lakh)
- M.Phil/M.Tech or equivalent: Rs. 40,000 per month (max project cost: Rs. 25 lakh)
- M.Sc or equivalent: Rs. 30,000 per month (max project cost: Rs. 20 lakh)
NOTE: The project cost includes Principal Investigator (PI), consumables, travel, contingencies and equipments.
Last Date of Application: 5th November 2018
Project Proposal Format: CLICK HERE to download the application format
How to Apply Online?
- CLICK HERE to download the application form
- Fill up the form completely and sign it
- CLICK HERE to go to onlinedst.gov.in
- Click on New PI Registrations to register, fill in the registration form completely and register your self
- Now login using your username and password
- Follow the instructions, choose the fellowship you want to apply
- Upload the form
- Take 2 printouts of the fully filled research proposal and send it to Mrs. Namita Gupta, Scientist ‘F’, KIRAN Division, Department of Science and Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110016. Write Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B) on top of the envelope.
.@IndiaDST invited proposals under Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B), from #women #scientists & #technologists to address #societal #challenge & deliver possible #solutions for #societal #benefits by 5th November 2018. pic.twitter.com/3UwpGOf0RP
— DSTIndia (@IndiaDST) October 10, 2018