The Union Labour and Employment Ministry issues an e-Shram Card to an unorganized worker after successful registration on the e-Shram portal. All the construction workers, street vendors, migrant workers, domestic workers, agriculture workers and other workers are eligible to get e-Shram card on successful registration. Main objective of this card is to provide assistance to the workers in the country who are not a member of ESIC/ EPFO. This e-Shram card will provide the workers with pension after the age of 60 years, an accidental insurance cover as well as access to various central and state government schemes. This card will be issued is free of cost for the workers.
|Initiative Under||Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India|
|Launched By||Union Minister for Labour and Employment Bhupender Yadav|
|Beneficiaries||Unorganized workers like construction workers, street vendors, migrant workers, domestic workers, agriculture workers and other workers in the country.|
|Objective||To provide financial and social security to unorganized workers in the country.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the card for assisting all the unorganized workers in the country.
- It aims to improve the implementation of various social security schemes targeting unorganized workers.
- It aims to increase the portability of social and welfare benefits to the migrant and construction workers.
- This initiative provides the workers with accidental insurance coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakhs in case of death and up to Rs. 1 lakh in case of partial disability.
- It also enables benefits of various social security and employment schemes.
- This initiative aims for betterment and welfare of all the workers in the country.
Eligibility for registering on the portal for getting an e-Shram card:
- Individual must be an unorganized worker i.e., any worker who is self-employed/ home based/ wage worker in an unorganized sector.
- He must be a worker who is not a member of ESIC or EPFO or is a government employee.
- His age should be in between 16-59 years.
- Aadhaar Number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar
- Savings bank account number with IFSC code
Process of getting e-Shram card:
- Visit the e-Shram portal @eshram.gov.in
- Click on ‘Register on e-Shram’ option on the homepage
- Enter the Aadhaar linked mobile number and enter captcha.
- Click on Send OTP option and get the mobile number verified.
- Then fill the form with required details and submit
- Take a printout of the form for future reference
- After successful registration, a e-Shram card containing unique 12 digit number -UAN, will be issued.
- UAN Card can be downloaded from the same portal.
- Workers who don’t have Aadhaar card linked mobile number can visit the nearest Common Service Centre and register through biometric authentication.
- Ministry of Labour has also started a national toll free number – 14434 for easing the registration process for the workers.
- E-Shram card contains unique 12 digit number -Universal Account Number (UAN).
- It is a permanent number.
- Worker will have this number assigned and unchanged for life.
- It will be issued only on successful registration on the e-Shram portal https://eshram.gov.in/.
- Card will be issued free of cost to the workers.
- Worker can update the card details regarding occupation, qualification, skill types, family members, etc., on the portal whenever required.
- E-Shram card is launched for providing assistance to the unorganized workers in the country.
- On August 26, 2021, Union Minister for Labour and Employment Mr. Bhupender Yadav launched e-Shram portal for registering the workers and for creating a national database of unorganized workers.
- The unorganized workers like construction workers, street vendors, migrant workers, domestic workers, agriculture workers, migrant workers, platform workers and others in the country are eligible for e-Shram card.
- On successful registration, the workers get e-Shram/ UAN card for use.
- This card will be applicable throughout the country.
- The card will provide the workers with accidental insurance coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakhs in case of death and up to Rs. 1 lakh in case of partial disability.
- It will also enable benefits of various social security and employment schemes.
- It intends to benefit about 83 crore unorganized workers in the country.
- Since the launch, 24,54,04,850 card registrations are already completed on the portal.
- Highest number of workers registered are from Agriculture sector.
- Among all the state, Uttar Pradesh has maximum registrations on the portal with a total count of 81346789 till date.
- Helpline Number- 14434
- Email Id- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address- Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India, Jaisalmer House, Mansingh Road,
- New Delhi-110011, India