On September 1, 2021, Minister of Electricity Kerala Mr. K. Krishnakutty inaugurated Electric two wheeler programme in the state. This scheme is launched by Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL), a state owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) an entity under Ministry of Power Government of India. This programme is a customized programme launched for the government employees in Kerala state. Under this scheme electric vehicles will be made available for the employees. It tends to promote increased electric mobility in the state. This initiative is mainly to promote green transportation in the state. The two wheelers under this scheme will be eligible for benefits under central government’s subsidy programme. This programme will be implemented in collaboration with Energy Management Centre, Government of Kerala.
|Scheme name||Electric two-wheeler programme|
|Scheme Under||Kerala Government|
|Launched By||Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL)|
|Inaugurated By||Minister of Electricity Kerala Mr. K. Krishnakutty|
|Launch Date||September 1, 2021|
|Beneficiaries||Government employees in the state.|
|Main Objectives||To promote the usage of electric vehicles in the state thereby increasing electric and green mobility.|
Scheme Objectives & Benefits:
- The main objective of the programme is to promote the use of electric vehicles
- It tends to increase electric and green mobility in the state.
- It aims to generate demand for about 10000 two wheelers from the government employees.
- This scheme will increase employment and self-employment opportunities as well as boost the associated industries.
- It will strengthen the transport means in the state
- The increased use of electric vehicles will help combatting pollution levels remarkably in the long run and will create a safe environment around.
- Vehicles registered under the scheme will get central government’s subsidy programme.
- Minister of Electricity Kerala Mr. K. Krishnakutty inaugurated Electric two wheeler programme in Kerala state.
- Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL), a state owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) an entity under Ministry of Power Government of India launched this programme.
- This programme is launched for the government employees in the state.
- Vehicles under the programme will be made available by CESL through various vehicle manufacturers.
- These vehicles will also benefit from central government’s subsidy programme.
- A digital market place will also be made available to the beneficiaries under this programme.
- This digital space will provide a platform for booking and buying the electric two wheelers
- Beneficiaries willing to buy can visit the official portal @www.myev.org.in
- In the same context a mobile app named MyEV is also available on play store for download.
- This will help in the current covid situation wherein the potential buyers will not be required to visit any physical store for buying the vehicles.
- This programme will enable a virtual experience for the users which will be similar to the physical store experience.
- Energy Management Centre (EMC) and CESL will also conduct a 4 days long exhibition programme for the beneficiaries at Institution of Engineers in Kerala.
- Beneficiaries can also have test drives and get the actual experience of electric vehicle.
- Kerala government is taking various initiative for greener and pollution free environment and this programme is a crucial step in the same direction.
- This programme will enable infusion of new technology, innovation aiming at increased electric and green mobility in the state.