Gujarat Government has announced Electricity Bill Waiver Scheme (Bijli Bill Mafi) for rural users. Pending electricity bill dues are waived off in the villages. The state government has announced Rs. 650 crores for the scheme. All the domestic electricity consumers who could not pay the bills & their connections were cut off will get benefits of the scheme. They just have to pay Rs. 500 to get their connections reinstated.
The scheme will benefit 6 lakh farmers in poor & middle class in the rural areas in the state. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial relief to the poor & rural citizens of the state.
Electricity Bill Waiver Scheme (Bijli Bill Mafi): A One Time Settlement (OTS) scheme for rural domestic consumers in Gujarat. Their electricity bills will be waived off under the scheme.
- Pending electricity bill waived off
- One time settlement for those who`s electricity connection is cut off due to non-payment of bills or power theft
- They just need to pay Rs. 500 to get their electricity connection back
Who Can Apply for Bijli Bill Mafi:
- Applicable only in Gujarat
- Only rural electricity consumers can apply
- All the domestic, agricultural & commercial consumer are eligible
The Electricity Bill Waiver Scheme is open till end of February 2019. All the citizens are requested to apply as early as possible for the scheme.
Application Form & How to Apply for Electricity Bill Waiver Scheme:
- Visit your nearest electricity department office
- Carry your latest electricity bill or details
- Application forms for the Bijli Bill Mafi will be available with the Bijli Vibhag office
- Fill the application form & pay Rs. 500
- Follow the instructions to complete the procedure
In the interest of poor power consumers, the Govt of Gujarat announces the waiver of Rs.625-crore pending electricity bills of around 6.22 lakh power connections in rural areas of the state pic.twitter.com/sfAqM5LD6u
— Office of Vijay Rupani (@CMO_Gujarat) December 18, 2018