The Home Minister of India Rajnath Singh launched Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) in the Himachal Pradesh. The HP citizens can call ERSS number 112 or use ERSS website or 112 India mobile app from PAN India (anywhere in India) in case of emergency. HP citizens can use ERSS to to report emergency. An immediate assistance will be provided by the ERSS team. Himachal Pradesh is the first state to launch PAN India emergency support system for its citizens.
HP Emergency Response Support System (ERSS):
- Dial 112: An emergency response support system (ERSS) number for Himachal Pradesh citizens
- ERSS Website: A website by the HP government for citizens to report emergency
- 112 India Mobile app: Download and install Android/iOS mobile app in case of emergency. The app is available in Google Play store Apple store.
- It is a single number for police (100), fire (101), women helpline (1090), health services along with other services
- 112 helpline is connected to the Emergency Response Center (ERC) who then forward the request to the concerned departments
- An emergency response center is established in Shimla along with 12 District Command Centers (DCCs)
- The 112 India mobile app will have panic button feature
- It will also have SHOUT feature which will alert nearby registered volunteers
- The SHOUT feature is available only for the women
The Government of India has alloted Rs. 321.69 crore for the ERSS. The fund is alloted from the Nirbhaya fund to make sure that the scheme is implemented successfully across the country. The main objective of the ERSS is to provide immediate support and relief to the people in crises. The ERSS system can be contacted in case of medical emergency (health issues) or crime. The union home minister has congratulated the HP CM for implementing the ERSS and has also requested all the other states and UTs to implement the ERSS. The CM Jai Ram Thakur thanked the home minister for the financial assistance of Rs. 4.71 crores for the project. A new NDRF battalion has been approved for the Himachal Pradesh. A budget of Rs. 4.2 crore has been allocated to the state police force modernization under MPF scheme. Salaries of SPOs in Chamba and Lahaul Spiti districts are increased.
केंद्रीय गृह मंत्री श्री राजनाथ सिंह जी ने जिला मंडी से देश एवं प्रदेश के लिए महत्वपूर्ण योजना ‘‘एमर्जेंसी रिस्पांस सपोर्ट सिस्टम’’ (ERSS) का शुभारंभ किया। ERSS लागू होने पर आपात सहायता के लिए 112 नंबर काम करेगा।
इस सुविधा के लिए देश एवं प्रदेशवासियों को हार्दिक बधाई : CM#ERSS pic.twitter.com/YV6PrjdBwq
— CMO HIMACHAL (@CMOFFICEHP) November 28, 2018