On November 25, 2020, the Goa cabinet approved a new scheme under the Chief Minister Rojgar Yojana (CMRY). This is scheme is for the Engineering Graduates and Diploma Holders in the state. This scheme will assist the young engineers to get small government projects. Scheme approval was announced by CMO Goa, Pramod Sawant. On one hand this scheme will provide employment opportunities and on the other it will disrupt the monopoly created by some contractors. Engineers with Diploma will be given projects/ contracts up to 5 lakhs and Engineers with a Degree will be given projects/ contracts up to Rs. 10 lakhs.
|Scheme name:||Employment Scheme for young engineers|
|Scheme Under:||Goa government|
|Beneficiaries:||All the engineering graduates and diploma holders|
|Benefit:||Employment opportunities through government projects|
|Objective:||To provide employment opportunities as well as to rule out the monopoly created by some contractors|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide employment opportunities to the engineering graduates and diploma holders ‘
- This scheme will provide the engineers to get employment in the state itself
- It will provide the engineers with small government projects to handle on their own
- Financial assistance to the engineers for undertaking the projects will be provide by the EDC
- It will increase the employment opportunities in the state and thereby the standard of living of people will increase too.
- This scheme tends to improve the overall economic conditions in the state in the long run.
- The Goa state cabinet approved a new employment scheme for young engineers in the state on November 25, 2020
- CMO Goa, Pramod Sawant announce the scheme approval
- This scheme is approved under the Chief Minister Rojgar Yojana (CMRY)
- It is for the Engineering Graduates and Engineering Diploma holders in the state
- This scheme will provide a platform where the young engineers will get opportunities to undertake small government projects
- This scheme is mainly launched to provide employment opportunities as well as to rule out the monopoly of some contractors thereby
- To be eligible under the scheme the candidate must possess an engineering Degree/ Diploma and must be less than 35 years of age
- Engineers with degree will be awarded projects costing Rs. 10 lakhs and Engineers with diploma will be awarded projects costing Rs. 5 lakhs
- To undertake the projects properly financial assistance will also be provided
- This financial assistance in the form of loans will be provided to the beneficiaries by the Economic Development Corporation (EDC) under the state government
- This scheme will enable increase in employment opportunities and thereby will lead to overall economic development in the long run