Department of Science and Technology, Government of India launched INSPIRE – Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research programme in 2008. It aims to encourage young individuals to science and technology research field. Under INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship scheme post-doctoral fellowships are awarded to eligible candidates. This fellowship provides individuals with an opportunity to start independent research. Under the fellowship scheme the candidates get a consolidated amount of Rs. 1,25,000 per month as fellowship along with a research grant of Rs. 7 lakhs every year or 5 years.
|Scheme name||Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2021|
|Scheme under||Department of Science and Technology, Government of India|
|Fellowship Category||Post-doctoral fellowship|
|Major Objective||To provide an opportunity to eligible young individuals for conducting independent research|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Last date to apply||October 4, 2021|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide more opportunities to young individuals in research department.
- It aims at providing a platform to the youth for research.
- This scheme tends to provide fellowship as well as research grants to eligible individuals to encourage them.
- It will boost innovation and leadership in the youth.
- Under this scheme a platform will be created for encouraging independent research in research and academic institutions.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizens with PIO status having PhD degree in Science/ Mathematics/ Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Medicine/ Agriculture related subjects from a recognized institution.
- Candidates must possess at least 60% marks throughout the academic records starting from Class 12.
- Candidates who have submitted their PhD and are awaiting the degree are also eligible.
- General category – 32 years
- SC/ ST/ Women categories – 37 years
- PWD category – 42 years
- 5 years
Amount of Fellowship:
- Consolidated amount of Rs. 1,25,000/- per month as fellowship
- Research grant of Rs. 7 lakhs each year for 5 years
Mode of Selection:
- Evaluation by Discipline based Expert committees, recommendations by Apex Level Committee and INSPIRE Faculty Award Council
How to Apply:
- Visit the official portal @online-inspire.gov.in
- Start with New user registration.
- Enter name, gender, date of birth, mobile no., email id, eligibility criteria, id details, enter captcha and submit.
- On successful registration a pop-up shall appear on the registered mobile no. and email id with account activation link.
- Accordingly, login and in the faculty section fill in the required details like category, address, qualification, research details, etc.
- Upload required documents in prescribed format and submit.
- Take a printout of the form for future reference.