The government of India has announced 100% switch to electric vehicles by 2030. To promote and to facilitate the adoption to electric vehicles the Maharashtra Government has subsidized electric vehicles and has also offered subsidy for setting up electric charging stations in the state.
Faster Adoption of Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) Scheme: Incentives & subsidies on electric vehicles
- Exemption from state road tax and registration fees for electric vehicles (EVs)
- 15% subsidy of the total price of the vehical to the first one lakh registered electric vehicles in the state
- Maximum subsides on electric vehicles
- Two wheeler: Rs. 5,000
- Three wheelers: Rs. 12,000
- Four wheelers: Rs. 1 lakh
Under the Faster Adoption of Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) Scheme the subsidy will be reverted to the registered bank account of the vehicle owner within next three months.
Faster Adoption of Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) Scheme: Incentives & subsidies for setting up charging stations for electric vehicles
- 25% subsidies to maximum of Rs. 10 lakh to first 250 charging stations to be setup in the state
- Charging points also can be setup on the existing petrol pumps after getting required clearances
- Electricity at non-commercial rates for EV charging stations
- The subsidies will be offered in the phased manners in Mumbai, Thane, Nasik, Pune, Nagpur and Aurangabad