PMO India, Hon. Mr. Narendra Modi, will be launching Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMSSY) and e-Gopala app on September 10, 2020. This initiative is to improve the marketplace for fish breeds and provide an easy to use information portal for farmers. This initiative of launching fisheries scheme and app was announced in a statement from the PMs office on September 9, 2020. The PMSSY will mainly be launched for the development of fisheries sector and e-Gopala app will be launched for providing necessary details to the farmers. It will also play an important role in breed improvement marketplace.
|Scheme under:||Central Government|
|Launch date:||September 10, 2020|
|Launched By:||PMO India, Hon. Mr. Narendra Modi|
|Benefit:||Real time information and Breed improvement marketplace|
|Main Objective:||To transform and boost the fisheries sector, thereby contributing to ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’|
PMSSY – Details, Objectives and Benefits:
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMSSY) is the flagship scheme mainly to be launched for the development of fisheries sector in the country
- This scheme aims at filling the gaps and difficulties in the fisheries sector through the use of technology
- This scheme will also enable direct and indirect employment generation
- It aims at increasing the fish production by additional 70 lakh tonnes by 2024-25, thereby increasing the exports and doubling the income of farmers
- PMSSY will enable improvement in the production of fish thereby increasing the quality of the same.
- Water and soil testing facilities are aimed to be provided under the scheme
- Fish seeds will be provided to the farmers at an affordable rate
- PMSSY will assist the farmers to diagnose the fish disease so as to take the preventive and curative measures.
- Total scheme outlay is estimated as Rs. 20,050 crores for implementation of the scheme from 2020-21 to 2024-25
- The scheme outlay is a part of Aatmanirbhar Bharat package
- This outlay/investment of Rs. 20,050 crores is the highest in the fisheries sector till date.
- A fish brood bank at Sitamarhi and an aquatic disease referral laboratory at Kishanganj will also be established and assistance for the same will be provided under PMSSY
e-Gopala app – Details, Objectives and Benefits:
- e-Gopala app is mainly to be launched as an information portal and a digital platform for breed improvement marketplace
- Digital management of livestock, information regarding nutrition, treatment, breeding services, etc are aimed to be provided on the app
- Provisions and information regarding Diagnosis of diseases, vaccination details, etc will be available on the app
- It will be a user friendly and easy to use app designed for the full use to farmers
- Currently there is no digital mechanism for farmers easy usage, e-Gopala app will fill the gap thereby
Other launch details:
- PM will also inaugurate one-unit fish feed mill at Madhepura
- 2 units of ‘Fish on Wheels’ assisted at Patna under Blue revolution will be launched
- Comprehensive fish production technology centre at Dr. Rajvendra Prasad Central Agricultural University in Pusa, Bihar will be launched. This is mainly to provide facilities for boosting the fish production and disease diagnosis