On August 26, 2020, CMO Jharkhand, Hemant Soren has given a principal nod to the Food Security Scheme for the state. Scheme will be officially approved in the next cabinet meeting. The main aim of the scheme is to cover those below poverty line families across the state which could not get the benefits under National Food Security Act (NFSA). This scheme is a big boon and relief to the deprived poor and low-income group people across the state. Under this scheme, 5 kgs of food grains will be provided to the beneficiaries at Re.1 per kg, per month.
|Scheme name:||Food Security Scheme|
|Scheme under:||Jharkhand Government|
|Beneficiaries:||Poor and needy people across the state|
|Benefit:||Ration, Food grains at subsidized rates|
|Major Objective:||To improve overall health conditions and hunger issues faced by the poor families|
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide food and solve the hunger issues of the poor families
- This scheme will ensure subsidized food grains to the poor left out under NFSA
- It aims at achieving the condition where no one in the state sleep hungry
- It aims at enhancing the overall health conditions across the state.
- This scheme provides food grains to the poor at subsidized rates
- Under the scheme, 5 kgs of food grains will be provided per month at Re. 1 per kg.
- Around 15 lakh beneficiaries will be benefited under the scheme
- This subsidized food will enable people belonging to lower financial strata of the society to have basic food regularly
- This scheme will thereby enable improved health conditions in the long run.
- Food Security Scheme mainly targets below poverty line families deprived or left out from the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- This scheme targets to benefit 15 lakh beneficiaries
- Ration at subsidized rates will be provided so that no one stays hungry in the state and health conditions improve thereby
- Around 22 lakhs people were left out and could not avail NFSA registration and benefits
- This scheme is planned to be an extended version of NFSA thereby accommodating 15 lakh beneficiaries
- Priority households, Antyodaya and PVTG will be the 3 categories eligible under the scheme, just like NFSA.
- Food Security Scheme will be put forth for approval in the next cabinet meeting and will be launched accordingly.