Andhra Pradesh government has come up with a new scheme for the benefit of the farmers across the state. CMO Andhra Pradesh, Mr. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, announced the implementation of the Free Crop Insurance scheme in the scheme. Under this scheme an insurance is provided to the farmers for the upcoming Kharif season. This insurance is provided to the farmers for free along with physical verification of crops and easy enrollment process.
|Scheme name:||Free Crop Insurance Scheme|
|Scheme Under:||Andhra Pradesh Government|
|Announced by:||CMO Andhra Pradesh, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Applicable State:||Andhra Pradesh|
|Scheme Type:||Crop Insurance Scheme|
|Benefit:||Free crop insurance|
|Beneficiaries:||Farmers across the state|
|Major Objective:||To provide a protection to the crops of the farmers for upcoming Kharif season|
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide a protection to the crops of the farmers
- This protection/cover is provided to the farmers for free
- It aims to cover all the farmers across the state.
- The scheme aims to provide a cover of protection to the farmers against all the excessive climate changes, natural calamities and unprecedented events.
- Enrollment is easy under the scheme, just a token of Re. 1 will be charged.
- This free insurance will prove to be a boon to the farmers in the upcoming Kharif season
- This scheme enables the overall agricultural development
- Free crop insurance scheme is announced and implemented by the Andhra Pradesh government for the assistance of farmers in the state
- Implementation of this scheme was announced on October 9, 2020 by CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy while addressing the public at Jammalamadugu
- Under this free insurance will be provided to the farmers for the upcoming kharif season
- The farmers will pay only Re. 1 as a token amount for enrollment under the scheme
- Along with this free insurance, physical verification of crops will also be provided to the farmers
- Enrollment process will be kept as simple and hassle free as possible
- Thus, the scheme aims to provide a free cover of protection to the farmers against all the excessive climate changes, natural calamities and unprecedented events.
- CM made an announcement for this earlier this year during YSR Rythu Dinotsavam
- He also distributed insurance enrollment receipts as a mark of launch
- Estimated claims to be made after implementation of the scheme could go up to Rs. 1,801 crores
- State government has also ensured MSP for the farmers