University of Madras started ‘Free Education Scheme’ for students belonging to financially backward background to help them pursue higher studies. This scheme mainly helps such students to take admission for under graduate courses in both aided and self-financing colleges affiliated to the University. Each college will be allotted 3 free seats as extra seats over and above the strength of the university. Under this scheme, applications are now being invited for the academic year 2021-22. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on the official website @unom.ac.in from June 28, 2021. In view of the ongoing pandemic, application mode is kept online only.
|Scheme name:||Free Education Scheme, 2021-22|
|Launched by:||University of Madras|
|Main Beneficiaries:||Students from poor financial background|
|Objective:||To help and encourage the students to pursue higher studies irrespective of their poor financial background|
|Start date of Applications:||June 28, 2021|
|Last date of Applications:||15 days from the publication of Class 12th results|
Objectives & Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide assistance to the students belonging to financially poor backgrounds
- It aims at helping students to take admissions in under graduate courses in aided as well as self-financing colleges affiliated to University of Madras
- This scheme aims for equal opportunities to the students from all backgrounds as a whole.
- This scheme will provide opportunities to the students to study and pursue a career of their choice irrespective of their financial background
- It aims at encouraging students to take up higher education
- Preference will be given to the economically poor students in the state
- It will help in the increasing the level of education and well-being of students in the long run
- Students should have cleared class 12th std examination or equivalent degree during the academic year 2020-21 and should be able to submit the relevant mark statement
- Students must have passed all the subjects in 1st attempt
- Family income of the student applying for the scheme should be less than 3,00,000 per annum.
How to Apply:
- For registering and applying under Free Education Scheme, the applicant should visit the official website @ unom.ac.in
- Click on Announcements tab on the right side of the home page, and click on Madras University Free Education Scheme (MUFES) 2021-22
- Then read all the instructions displayed on the screen, scroll down and Click on ‘I agree’
- Then, click on the New Applicant Registration option and enter the details as required like Year of passing Class 12 exam, Whether cleared all subjects in 11th and 12th and Annual income of the family
- Click on Proceed then enter the basic details like, name, address, mobile no., email id, etc.
- After successful registration go to the login page and Login with the user ID/ registration no. and DOB as password
- Fill in the application form with required details and Upload the necessary documents.
- After uploading, click on Submit.
- After successful submission the form and documents will be verified by concerned authorities and thereby eligible students will be called for counselling
- At the time of counselling the original documents are to be produced.
- Plus one & Plus two mark-sheet
- Income certificate
- Orphan certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Death certificate
- Address proof
- Passport size photo
- University of Madras started Free Education Scheme for mainly helping the students belonging to poor economic background
- It aims at helping the students to pursue under graduate courses
- Under this scheme, priority will be given to students from poor financial background, orphans, children of widows , etc.
- For the academic year 2021-22, each college will be allotted with 3 free seats as extra seats over and above the regular seats of the college
- These 3 seats will be allotted to different categories
- 1/3rd of the seats will be for widow’s children/ widower’s children/ orphan/ destitute children based on marks obtained in major subjects
- 1/3rd of the seats will be for first graduate/ disabled/ transgender students based on marks obtained in major subjects
- 1/3rd of the seats will be for merit students who had obtained 80% of marks in the major subjects
- Students may be called for counselling in the ratio of 1:2 in every category
- Annual income of the students applying for the scheme should be mandatory less than 3 lakhs per annum.
- Proper documentary evidence should be provided, otherwise the application stands cancelled
- At the time of application, scanned documents are to be uploaded and original documents are to be mandatory produced at the time of Counselling.
- Last date for submission of application is 15 days after the publication of class 12th results