The Chief Minister of Rajasthan has announced Free Electricity Scheme for rural farmers with the general category electricity connections. Under the scheme free electricity upto Rs. 10,000 will be provided to the farmers from villages and the remote areas. The government has started the implementation of the scheme also. Starting Novermber 2018 farmers in the state will get free electricity. The main objective of the scheme is to help farmers and to increase their income.
What is Free Electricity Scheme? A scheme for the rural farmers in Rajasthan to provide free electricity for agricultural activities.
- To make sure that the farmers afford electricity
- To double farmer`s income by 2011
- To improve life standards of the state farmers
Free Electricity Scheme Benefits:
- Free electricity upto Rs. 10,000
- In form of grants deposited directly to the Aadhaar linked direct benefit transfer (DBT) account
- Applicable only in Rajasthan
- Applicable to farmers only
- Applicable to farmers from rural areas
Application form & How to apply for Free Electricity Scheme?
- There are no application forms and farmers don`t need to apply for the scheme
- The scheme is for rural farmers of the state only
- Government will identify list of farmers eligible for the scheme and provide free electricity
How Rajasthan Free Electricity Scheme works?
- The free electricity scheme is applicable from the billing month of November 2018
- Farmers will have to still pay their bill first
- Later on government will deposit Rs. 833 for each month into the beneficiaries amount
Rajasthan Free Electricity Scheme Highlights:
- The state power infrastructure has improved a lot
- Cities mostly has electricity for 20 – 22 hours everyday
- Government spent Rs. 40,000 crores for improving power infrastructure in the state
- Eastern Rajasthan Canal Project (ERCP) is announced with the outlay of Rs. 37,000 crore to provide drinking water to 13 districts in eastern Rajasthan
- The ERCP will also provide water for agricultural irrigation
- The decision was taken just before the Chunav Aachar Sanhita / Model Code of Conduct
- The Rajasthan elections 2018 are declared by the election commission of India and will happen in December 2018
ग्रामीण क्षेत्र के सामान्य श्रेणी के कनेक्शन वाले सभी किसानों को निश्चित सीमा तक मुफ्त बिजली देने की योजना कल ही शुरू कर दी थी- श्रीमती @VasundharaBJP, मुख्यमंत्री#VijaySankalpWithPM pic.twitter.com/yqrozJK2AW
— BJP Rajasthan (@BJP4Rajasthan) October 6, 2018