From November 19, 2021, Rajasthan government will start Free Sanitary Napkins scheme in the state for providing free sanitary napkins to the women who are in need of it. This scheme will be started marking the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. The napkins provided under the scheme will be made by Rajasthan Health Services Corporation Limited. This scheme is aimed to protect the health and hygiene of girls. It tends to make available sanitary pads to each and every woman in need. In case of women belonging to poor rural family background with lack of amenities, this scheme will turn out as a boon. CM Ashok Gehlot approved a proposal of Rs. 200 crores for this initiative.
|Scheme||Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme|
|Scheme Under||Rajasthan Government|
|Announced by||CM Ashok Gehlot|
|Start Date||November 19, 2021|
|Nodal Agency||Department of Women and Child Development|
|Beneficiaries||Women in the state|
|Benefit||Free sanitary napkins|
|Major Objective||To create awareness and improve health & hygiene of women in the state thus preventing various diseases.|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to create awareness regarding health and hygiene of the women in the state.
- Under this scheme the government will provide sanitary napkins to the women in need across the state, for free.
- It aims at providing the sanitary napkins to the women belonging to rural areas and poor background.
- This scheme will create awareness regarding the need of maintaining menstrual hygiene.
- It will help in preventing various related diseases.
- It tends to improve health and hygiene of women thereby maintaining a health and life balance in the state.
- Rajasthan government will start Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme in the state for women in need.
- This scheme will be started from November 19, 2021 on the occasion of birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- Department of Women and Child Development will be the nodal agency for this scheme.
- Under this scheme free sanitary napkins will be provided to the women in the state through schools, colleges and anganwadis.
- The napkins provided under the scheme will be made by Rajasthan Health Services Corporation Limited.
- This scheme will function in phases.
- It aims at spreading awareness regarding menstrual hygiene and wellness of women.
- Women self-help groups, social organizations and NGOs will conduct special awareness campaigns in the state under this scheme.
- This scheme will be implemented in collaboration with the Departments of Medical and Health, School and College Education, Technical and Higher Education, Tribal Area Development and Panchayati Raj and Rural Development.
- For better implementation of the scheme the state government will appoint two brand ambassadors at state and district level respectively.
- The government will reward the voluntary organizations and brand ambassadors for doing the relentless work.
- Menstrual hygiene and using sanitary pads always have been a critical issue in rural poor categories.
- This scheme will turn out to be a boon for the women in need thereby helping them to improve their menstrual hygiene and personal wellbeing.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved a proposal of Rs. 200 crores for this scheme.