The Government of Maharashtra has now introduced a new scheme called Free Sonography Test scheme. The scheme will offer free sonography tests to pregnant women in the state. The objective of the scheme is to provide poor families and women during pregnancy in their family and also to make sure that the mother and child are healthy. The implementation of the scheme started from the rural areas of Maharashtra and became very popular. Now the Mah Government has decided to launch the scheme in the urban areas of the state as well.
Usually women form the poor families skip the crucial tests during pregnancy due to high cost and over crowded government hospitals. The government will partner with private radiologists and sonologists in the cities to provide the scheme there. The civic health officials are directed to involve private sonologists for providing free sonography test to every pregnant woman within their jurisdiction. The implementation of the scheme is as per Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA).
What is Free Sonography Test Scheme? A government of Maharashtra scheme for all the pregnant women of the state to free sonography tests during pregnancy.
Free Sonography Test Scheme: Objective
- To help poor and needy families during pregnancy in their families
- To make sure that the birth defects are detected earlier
- To make sure that the mother and the baby are healty
- To provide quality antenatal care to all pregnant women in the second and the third trimester of the pregnancy
Free Sonography Test Scheme: Benefits
- Free sonography tests for pregnant women
Free Sonography Test Scheme: Eligibility
- The scheme is applicable only to the residents of Maharashtra only
Free Sonography Test Scheme: How to apply?
For the Free Sonography Test scheme, family members of pregnant women can contact their local municipal corporation (government) clinics or hospitals.
Free Sonography Test Scheme: Implementation & Highlights
- A scheme to provide free sonography to the pregnant women in Maharashtra
- The scheme was first implemented in rural areas of the state
- Now this scheme is implemented in urban areas of the state
- This scheme is implemented under the Health & Family Welfare Department of the state
- Under this scheme, all the pregnant women in urban and rural areas get the free sonography test
- All the private radiologists and sonologists who are ready to provide services can register and sign a MOU with the municipal corporation health officials and then provide services
- Also, this scheme is implemented under the directives of the Union Government`s Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan(PMSMA)
- Under the scheme, two sonologists have already started providing free sonography services to pregnant women in the Pune city