Uttarakhand government started Gaura Kanyadhan Scheme in the year 2017. This scheme is started for welfare of the girl students belonging to SC, ST, EWS and BPL categories. Under this scheme, the girl students are provided with financial assistance for education purposes. This scheme aims at promoting education for girls in the state. It aims at empowering the girls for strengthening their future. On August 24, 2021 Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced that pending grants under the scheme will be sanctioned soon. About 33,216 girls will get the financial assistance . The state government will release about Rs. 49.42 crores for the provision of grants under the scheme.
|Scheme name||Gaura Kanyadhan Scheme|
|Scheme Under||Uttarakhand Government|
|Beneficiaries||Girl Students of Class 12th belonging to SC, ST, EWS, BPL families in the state|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance to girl students thereby promoting higher education and ensuring their welfare.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to promote girl education in the state.
- All the girl students in intermediate class belonging to SC, ST, EWS and BPL categories will be covered under the scheme.
- This scheme will provide help to the students to meet their expenses for higher studies.
- The assistance will encourage the students to take up higher studies without having financial constraints.
- Under this scheme a financial assistance of Rs. 52,000 will be provided to the girl students in the state on passing intermediate exam.
- Grant of Rs. 11,000 will also be provided to infant girl children in the state.
- It aims at ensuring welfare of girls irrespective of their financial difficulties.
- It will empower girls and enable them to stand independently in future.
- Only girls are eligible to avail benefits under this scheme.
- Applicant must be a permanent citizen of Uttarakhand state.
- Applicant must be a student of class 12 belonging to SC/ ST/ EWS/ BPL categories.
- Age of the applicant must be less than 25 years.
- In rural areas annual income of the family of the applicant must be less than Rs. 15,976.
- In urban areas annual income of the family of the applicant must be less than Rs. 21,206.
Scheme Details & Application Procedure:
- Gaura Kanyadhan Scheme is launched by Uttarakhand government in 2017 for ensuring welfare of the girl students in the state.
- Under this scheme the state government provides financial assistance to the girl students belonging to SC, ST, EWS and BPL categories.
- This financial assistance is aimed at encouraging students to take up higher studies irrespective of the financial difficulties.
- The state government provide this assistance to all the girl students in intermediate class.
- Interested candidates can apply online through the official portal @escholarship.uk.gov.in
- Visit the website, click on the link available for Gaura Devi Kanyadhan Yojana.
- Go through the details and download the application form available thereby.
- Fill in the required details.
- Submit the duly filled form with required documents to the respective block development officer.
- Application form will be verified and eligible applications will be approved.
- Schools can register themselves under the scheme through the same portal.
- On August 24, 2021 Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced that pending grants under the scheme will be sanctioned soon.
- About 11,400 girls from the financial year 2015-16 and 21,916 girls from the financial year 2016-17 are yet to get the benefit.
- In all about 33,216 girls will get the financial assistance.
- The state government will release about Rs. 49.42 crores for the provision of grants under the scheme.