The Finance Minister announced Gobar Dhan Yojana a scheme to help farmers to manage and reuse the cattle and solid waste. The goal of the scheme is to teach and create awareness amongst farmers about reusing cattle dung and human solid waste in their farms by converting it to compost. The schemes intents to make villages free of open defecation and improve the quality of life and lead a healthy life and cleaner villages. The scheme was announced by the Finance Minister of India in the budget session 2018-19.
What is Gobar-Dhan Scheme or Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan? The scheme will help farmers to reuse solid human waste and cattle dung by converting it to compost, fertiliser, bio-gas and bio-CNG and using it in the farms.
Gobar-Dhan Scheme Highlights:
- Also called as Gobardhan Yojana
- To improve the quality of the life in the villages
- To make villages cleaner and healthier
- Farmers will be taught about how to convert cattle dung and human solid waste to the compost, fertilisers and use it in the farms
- Conversion of human and animal waste to bio-gas and bio-CNG and use it in the households
- The government of India scheme aimed at eliminating and eradication of open defecation in the villages across country
- To help farmers understand the importance of hygienic leaving conditions