The Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Shee Jai Ram Thakur launched Grihini Suvidha Yojana (GSY) to provide LPG gas connections to the households in the state which were exempted under Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana. The scheme is meant for the women in the state which were not eligible to get the free gas connection in other schemes. The scheme is announced by the Himachal government on the 4 year completion of the BJP government. Two other schemes Mukhya Mantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana and Jan Manch too were launched on the occasion. The objective of the government is to empower women and to conserve environment. 33,600 women and households in the state would benefit in the current year.
What is Grihini Suvidha Yojana (GSY)? A scheme to provide LPG gas connection to the women in the state who were not eligible to get the gas connection in other schemes.
Grihini Suvidha Yojana (GSY) Benefits:
- To provide gas connections to the households
- To empower women in the state
- To conserve environment
- To reduce use of wood for cooking and other household purposes
- To avoid health hazards amongst women
Grihini Suvidha Yojana (GSY) Eligibility:
- The scheme is applicable to the women residing in the Himachal only
- Applicable to only those who did not get gas connection under Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana
Grihini Suvidha Yojana (GSY): Application form & online registration
The application form and registration procedure is not available as of now as government is yet to officially release the further details of the scheme. This section will be updated once the application details are available.
More Details & References: