The state government will be launching the Shravan Tirthdarshan Yojana. Chief minister Vijay Rupani will launch the scheme on Gujarat Day in Ahmedabad. Under the scheme, the government will pay 50% costs of tirth yatra by non-AC state transport bus, within the state, for groups of senior citizens, regardless of the communities to which they belong. The scheme is exclusively meant for senior citizens to help them cover important religious destinations in Gujarat.
Officials in the (Yatra Dham Vikas Board) YDVB said that groups of senior citizens will have to make travel plans of two night and three-day programs and approach respective state transport depots. The representative of the YDVB will certify the same and the 50% of the journey cost by non-AC ST bus will be carried by the state.
Benefits of the Scheme
- This scheme is specially launched for Senior Citizens.
- The Government will pay 50% costs of Tirth Yatra by Non-AC state transport bus in the state
- The Government will provide subsidies for senior citizens going on Tirth Yatra within the state in its budget.
- There is no restriction for any community senior citizens. They can avail the benefit of the scheme.
- Applicants must be the resident of Gujarat
- Applicant’s age must be 60+.
The interested applicants can apply for the scheme by submitting the prescribed application form and submitting to respective state transport depots. A travel plan for 2 nights and 3 days by a group of senior citizens would have to be made before applying for the scheme.
The interested people can apply for the scheme by filling a simple application form of Gujarat Shravan Tirthdarshan Yojana. The officials said that the state government is considering only pilgrimages within the state and that too restricted only to senior citizens.
Details and Reference:
- For more information visit: http://www.yatradham.gujarat.gov.in/