On March 3, 2022 Jharkhand state government announced Guruji Credit Card Scheme in its state budget. This scheme will soon be started for benefitting students in the state. Under this initiative poor students will be provided with a non-collateral soft loan up to Rs. 10 lakhs per student. This soft loan will be provided for their higher studies. Expected simple rate of interest on this loan is 4% per annum. Period of repayment provided to the students will be 15 years. Students can use this amount for pursuing professional courses, diploma to post graduation, course, PhD, post-doctoral courses etc. This scheme will enable the students to pursue higher education and build a bright future without any financial hindrance.
|Scheme||Guruji Credit Card Scheme|
|Scheme Under||Jharkhand Government|
|Announcement Date||March 3, 2022|
|Beneficiaries||Students belonging to weaker financial background in the state|
|Main Benefit||Educational loan up to Rs. 10 lakhs from the bank through student credit card|
|Main Objective||To provide financial assistance to the students to help them pursue higher education without financial difficulties|
- This scheme will provide financial assistance in the form of credit/ soft loan of up to Rs 10 lakhs at a simple interest of 4% to the students.
- With the help of this scheme, no financial constraints will affect the studies of students.
- The procedure of applying for the loan and availing the same will be online and simplified.
- This scheme will enable the students to opt for higher education and study for competitive exams.
- Repayment of loans will be given a limit of 15 years
- This initiative will help the student to pursue higher studies and fulfil the dreams irrespective of financial constraints.
- Student must be a permanent resident of Jharkhand state.
- He/ she must pursue higher education.
- Annual family income limit will be set by the state government.
Online/ Offline Application Process:
- Yet to be notified
- Aadhaar card
- Residence certificate
- Cate certificate
- Income certificate
- Educational certificates
- Bank account details
- Passport size photo