The Government of Assam has announced Gyan Deepika Scheme for students in Assam. The scheme was announced in the Assam Budget 2019 – 20. Under the scheme state government has announced several welfare initiatives for the students such as fees waiver, free uniform & e-bikes along with education loan subsidy.
The primary objective of the scheme is to make sure that all the students get education & to provide equal opportunities to all. The scheme focuses on higher education & girls education. Government has allocated budget of Rs. 25 crore for the implementation of the scheme.
|Gyan Deepika Scheme|
|Benefits:||Fees waiver, free uniform & e-bikes & education loan subsidy|
Benefits & Eligibility Criteria:
- Admission fee waiver upto degree level to the students with family income less than Rs 1 lakh per year
- Free uniform for class 9th & 10th students
- Battery operated E-Bikers for girls who score first division in higher secondary examinations
- Rs. 50,000 subsidy on the education loans
- Subsidy of Rs. 700 per month for 10 months for mess bills for students staying in the govt college hostels
- Free text books for all the students of 9th & 10th class
Government is also planning to increase the income limit from Rs. 1 lakh/year to 2 lakh/year for admission fee wavier. Government is also planning to provide free text books till the degree levels for all the streams art, science & commerce.
The Assam Finance Minister Hemanta Biswa Sarma present the budget 2019-2020. Apartment from students the government has also launched various schemes for poor, minorities & backward classes in the state.