The Government of Delhi has announced that all the vehicles in Delhi must have High Security Number Plates (HSNP) before 13th October 2018. The online application / registration for the same starts on 2nd October. The transport department will then fine all those vehicle owner who don`t have High Security Number Plate starting November 2018.
What is High Security Number Plate (HSNP)?
- There are special plates made out of aluminum.
- They have reflective tapes which are tamper proof.
- They have security features which cannot be tampered with
- A chromium based self destructive hologram.
- The hologram is hot stammped on the number plate along with the vehicle registration number, chassis number and laser-branding of a 10-digit permanent identification number.
- There will be different color stickers based on the fuel type of the vehicles.
- Blue sticker for Petrol and CNG vehicles where as Orange stickers will be given to diesel vehicles.
Why High Security Number Plates?
- The high security number plates make it difficult for vehicle thief to change the number plate to something else and sell it.
- Most of the crime involves cars and two wheelers, with the high security number plates it will be easy to find the owners.
- To make sure that all the vehicles have standard number plates which follow all the traffic guidelines.
- In 2012 Supreme Court of India ordered all the states and union territories to make sure that all the vehicles in the state have high security number plates.
- Online registrations / applications starts on: 2nd October 2018
- Last date to get high security number plate: 13th October 2018
- Two Wheelers: Rs. 67
- Cars: Rs. 213
Fine & Penalty / What will happen if you don`t install high security number plates?
- Fine of Rs. 500
- Jail upto 3 months
High Security Number Plates (HSNP): Registration forms & how to apply online?
- Government of Delhi has setup 13 special centers near RTO office to install new number plates.
- Go to hsrpdelhi.com website and fill in the registration form and apply online.
- Pay fees online with credit card, debit card, net banking etc.
- You will be given date, time and address of the center you need to go to install new number plate.
- Go to the center at the specified date-time and address.
- They will install the new high security number plate on your vehicle
Where to get High Security Number Plates (HSNP) installed in Delhi: HSNP can be installed in all the RTO offices across Delhi. There are 13 locations in Delhi where new HSNP number plates can be installed. Vehicle owners needs to visit RTO offices based on the vehicle registration series as mentioned below:
|Vehicle Registration Series||RTO Office Delhi|
|DL 1||Mall Road|
|DL 2||Tialk Marg|
|DL 3||Sheikh Sarai|
|DL 4||West Janakpuri|
|DL 5||Loni Road|
|DL 6||Sarai Kale Khan|
|DL 7||Mayur Vihar|
|DL 10||Raja Garden|
|DL 12||Vasant Vihar|
New vehicles owners need not worry about this. All the new vehicles comes along with the new high security number plates. Old vehicle owners who has not got high security number plates yet needs to get it before 13th October. There are 40 lakh vehicles two wheelers and four wheelers which doesnt have high security number plates.