The HSRP, short for High-Security Registration Plate, is an aluminium-based registration plate equipped with two non-reusable locks and a chromium-based hologram of Ashoka Chakra. The hologram serves as a proof of authenticity, distinguishing the HSRP from duplicate plates. Additionally, each HSRP has a 10-digit permanent identification number (PIN) for further identification purposes. The primary objective behind implementing HSRPs is to combat vehicle thefts associated with counterfeit number plates.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has made it mandatory for all vehicles, including two-wheelers and four-wheelers, to have High-Security Number Plates affixed to their vehicles. This rule applies to all states, including Punjab. If you are a resident of Punjab, you can conveniently apply for a High-Security Number Plate for your vehicle through the government-authorized portal, www.punjabhsrp.in
HSRP Punjab Online Registration Process
The Punjab Transport Department has introduced an online portal that allows you to apply for HSRPs and pay the associated fees without the need to visit a physical center or endure long queues. To register online for an HSRP in Punjab, follow the simple steps outlined below:
Step 1: Visit the website – Go to www.punjabhsrp.in to access the official website.
Step 2: Click on “Apply HSRP online” – Locate the “Apply HSRP online” option and click on it.
Step 3: Fill in the required information – Enter all the necessary details, including application type, vehicle number, chassis number, engine number, etc.
Step 4: Select the fitment location – Choose the appropriate fitment location from the available options and click on the “submit” tab.
Step 5: Upload the required documents – Upload the scanned copy of your RC (Registration Certificate) and KYC (Know Your Customer) documents.
Step 6: Pay the applicable fee – Proceed to make the payment for the HSRP registration fee through the provided online payment gateway.
Process to Reprint HSRP Punjab Receipt/Invoice Online
If you need to reprint your HSRP Punjab receipt or invoice, you can easily do so through the government-authorized portal, www.punjabhsrp.in. Just follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the website – Access the website link, www.punjabhsrp.in.
Step 2: Click on “Reprint Invoice” – Locate the “Reprint Invoice” tab and click on it.
Step 3: Enter the required details – Provide either the Registration Number or Invoice Number associated with your HSRP.
Step 4: Click on “Submit” – After entering the necessary information, click on the “Submit” button.
Step 5: Print the receipt or invoice – Once the process is complete, you will be able to print the desired receipt or invoice.
HSRP Number Plate & Colour Coded Sticker Fee in Punjab
The price of High-Security Registration Plates (HSRP) in Punjab can vary since the central government has not set a fixed price. The cost depends on the vehicle class and type. When applying online, the specific fee for HSRPs in Punjab will be displayed. On average, the price for HSRPs in Punjab is approximately ₹400 for two-wheelers and around ₹1,100 for four-wheelers. If you already have an HSRP, you can also purchase colour-coded stickers for only Rs 100.
HSRP Specification & Features
A High-Security Registration Plate (HSRP) has been made mandatory by the Indian Government. Here are some of the key specifications and features of HSRPs:
1. Retro Reflective Sheet (RRS): HSRPs use a high-grade Retro Reflective Sheet (RRS) to enhance nighttime visibility, allowing them to be visible from a distance of over 200 meters.
2. Chromium Based Hologram: HSRPs incorporate a chromium-based hologram as a security feature. The hologram is hot-stamped at high temperatures to prevent tampering or removal.
3. Hot Stamped Film with Security Inscript: HSRPs feature hot-stamped letters and numerals, providing an additional layer of security to distinguish them from fake registration plates.
4. Laser-Etched Alpha Numeric Code: Each HSRP has a unique 9-digit laser alphanumeric code in the left corner. This code links the plate to the vehicle owner’s details stored in a centralized database.
5. Third License Plate Sticker (TLP): Apart from the HSRP on the front and rear of the vehicle, a third license plate sticker is affixed to the left corner of the windshield. This sticker displays additional information such as the registration number and front/rear LID numbers.
6. Snap Lock: Snap Locks, high-security locks, are used exclusively on the rear side of the vehicle. Once fastened, these locks cannot be removed or reused.
Benefits of HSRP & Colour Coded Stickers
Owning an HSRP and colour-coded stickers for your vehicle offers several advantages:
1. Tamper-Proof Security: HSRPs come with two non-removable snap-on locks, making them resistant to tampering and replacement.
2. Enhanced Vehicle Tracking: Stolen vehicles become easier to track, as thieves cannot change the registration plate, facilitating swift identification.
3. Centralized Database: The issuance of HSRPs involves providing vehicle information, including engine and chassis numbers, which are stored in a centralized database. In case of a stolen vehicle, this information helps authorities identify the rightful owner.
4. Standardization and Legibility: HSRPs follow a uniform pattern, eliminating the use of various fonts and styles seen on traditional plates. This standardization ensures better legibility for traffic police, avoiding confusion when identifying the registration number.
5. Fuel Type Identification: Colour-coded stickers, also known as a third registration plate, indicate the vehicle’s fuel type.
6. Additional Information: Colour-coded stickers display details such as the registration number of the vehicle and the name of the registering authority.
The HSRP and colour-coded stickers for your vehicle in Punjab not only ensures compliance with the law but also offers heightened security, standardized registration plates, and ease of identification for both authorities and traffic police. The online registration process and the option to reprint receipts or invoices further contribute to a seamless experience for vehicle owners.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about HSRP in Punjab: Registration Status, Receipt Reprint, Fee Payment, and Appointment Rescheduling
Q: What is HSRP?
A: HSRP stands for High-Security Registration Plate. It is an aluminium-based registration plate with unique security features.
Q: What are the key features of HSRP in Punjab?
A: HSRP in Punjab comes with non-reusable locks, a chromium-based hologram of Ashoka Chakra, and a 10-digit permanent identification number (PIN).
Q: Why is HSRP mandatory for vehicles in Punjab?
A: HSRP is mandatory to prevent vehicle thefts associated with counterfeit number plates and ensure better security.
Q: Where can I apply for an HSRP in Punjab?
A: You can apply for an HSRP in Punjab through the government-authorized portal, http://www.punjabhsrp.in/.
Q: Can I register for HSRP online in Punjab?
A: Yes, you can register for HSRP online in Punjab through the official website.
Q: What information do I need to provide during the online registration process?
A: You need to provide details such as application type, vehicle number, chassis number, engine number, etc.
Q: How can I reprint my HSRP receipt or invoice online?
A: You can reprint your HSRP receipt or invoice online through the government-authorized portal, https://www.punjabhsrp.in/.
Q: What are the steps to follow for reprinting an HSRP receipt or invoice?
A: The steps include entering the registration number or invoice number and submitting the request online.
Q: How much does an HSRP cost in Punjab?
A: The cost of an HSRP in Punjab may vary based on the vehicle class and type. The specific fee will be displayed during the online application process.
Q: Are the fees for HSRPs different for two-wheelers and four-wheelers?
A: Yes, the fees for HSRPs in Punjab differ for two-wheelers and four-wheelers.
Q: Can I purchase colour-coded stickers for my existing HSRP in Punjab?
A: Yes, you can purchase colour-coded stickers for your existing HSRP in Punjab at a nominal cost.
Q: What information does a colour-coded sticker provide?
A: Colour-coded stickers indicate the vehicle’s fuel type and display details such as the registration number and name of the registering authority.
Q: How can I track my vehicle using an HSRP?
A: HSRPs help in tracking stolen vehicles as the registration plate cannot be easily changed by thieves.
Q: Does the HSRP registration process involve storing my vehicle details?
A: Yes, the vehicle details provided during the HSRP registration process are stored in a centralized database for identification purposes.
Q: Are HSRPs tamper-proof?
A: Yes, HSRPs come with non-removable snap-on locks, making them tamper-proof and difficult to replace.
Q: How do HSRPs enhance the legibility of registration plates?
A: HSRPs follow a uniform pattern, eliminating the use of different fonts and styles, ensuring better legibility for traffic police.
Q: Can I reschedule my HSRP appointment online in Punjab?
A: The availability of rescheduling appointments online may vary. Check the official website for specific information.
Q: Are there any additional benefits to having an HSRP in Punjab?
A: Yes, additional benefits include standardized registration plates, improved vehicle identification, and compliance with government regulations.
Q: What is the procedure for selecting the fitment location during online registration?
A: The online registration process will guide you through selecting the appropriate fitment location for your HSRP installation.
Q: Is the HSRP registration process the same for all states in India?
A: The HSRP registration process may have slight variations across different states in India. It is advisable to refer to the specific state’s official guidelines for accurate information.