The Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Shree Jai Ram Thakur has launched a pool of schemes for the citizens primarily for students in the state. The primary objective of the schemes is to encourage students for studies and excel in life.
Akhand Shiksha Jyoti-Mere School Se Nikle Moti Scheme:
- A scheme to honor meritorious students
- All those students who achieved something, their name will be mentioned on Roll of Honor Board in the schools
- The scheme will motivate student to study hard and do better
Medha Protsahan Yojana:
- A scheme by the government of Himachal Pradesh
- It will provide coaching facilities to prepare for competitive exams
- 500 meritorious students will be selected for the free coaching for exams such as IAS, HAS, NEET, JEE,IIT etc
- Financial assistance of Rs. 1 lakh will be provided to each of the selected students
Mukhya Mantri Ghrihani Suvidha Yojana:
- A scheme for the home makers / housewives in the state
- Free gas connections will be provided under the scheme
The Himachal Pradesh has excelled in the field of education. The state stands second in the literacy rate in the country after Kerala.