The Hindu-Hitachi Scholarships were started in 1959 in collaboration with The Hindu Newspaper and Hitachi, Japan for providing exposure to Indian Engineers to advance Japanese technology and committed work culture. This is a prestigious scholarship program. As the number of vacancies is very low, the competitions to avail this scholarship are pretty fierce. The Hindu – Hitachi Scholarships is for students who have completed the engineering in India and having one year experience in relative subject have an opportunity to apply. It is one of the very few corporate initiatives which go such a long way to build and maintain relations between Japan and India. During the training, there will be special emphasis on environment-related and energy-saving technologies.
Benefits of the Hindu Hitachi Scholarship:
- The duration of scholarship in Japan is principally for six month starting from July of the respective year
- Each trainee will get monthly fixed allowance to cover personal expenses
- Trainee will provided return economy class air passage
- Arrangements will also made for free boarding and lodging for trainees in Japan
- All expenses will provided in japan which may be considered necessary for training
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Applying Hindu Hitachi Scholarship:
- Candidates who must be Indian Citizens, should not have completed 30 years of age on 31st March of the respective year
- The candidate should be have minimum degree of B.E., or B.Sc (Engg) or its equivalent from any recognized University
- Candidates who have already had practical experience in the branches, for which training is proposed to be given, will be given preference
- Candidates at least one year’s professional experience need apply; those who were interviewed in previous years for the Scholarships need not apply again
Document Required for Applying Hindu Hitachi Scholarship:
- Degree/Diploma certificate
- Previous mark sheets
- Certificate indicating proof of age
- Candidate in employment must submit their application through employers
- Application forms may be obtained for Rs. 5/- only from the Offices of The Hindu. The address of offices of Hindu is given in the contact details section below on this page.
- The application form completed in all the respected and super scripted with “THE HINDU-HITACHI Training SCHEME” must be submitted to the below given address: THE HINDU, 859 & 860 Anna Salai, Chennai-600002
- The candidate also download the application form the link given below: http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/archive/01642/HITACHI-WEB-2013_1642552a.pdf and submit to the above address
- The student can contact to following address for more details:
- NEW DELHI: 3rd Floor, PTI Building, 4, Parliament Street, New Delhi – 110 001.
- KOLKATA: LMJ Chambers, I Floor, 15C, Hemanta Basu Sarani, Kolkata – 700 001.
- MUMBAI: Kasturi Buildings, Jamshedji Tata Road, Mumbai – 400 020.
- COIMBATORE: 19 & 20, A.T.T. Colony, L.I.C Road, Coimbatore – 641 018.
- MADURAI: 147/2A, Eighty Feet Road, K.K. Nagar, Madurai – 625 020.
- TIRUCHIRAPALLI: Chennai Bye -Pass Road (NH 45), Senthanneerpuram, Tiruchirapalli – 620 004.
- PUDUCHERRY: 135, I floor, Mission Street, Puducherry – 605 001.
- HYDERABAD: 6-3-879 & 879B, Begumpet Public Road, Hyderabad – 500 016.
- VISAKHAPATNAM: 50-19-9, T.P.T Colony, Seethammadhara, Visakhapatnam – 530 013.
- VIJAYAWADA: 55-1-4, 100 Feet Road, Industrial Estate, Auto Nagar, Vijayawada – 520 007.
- BANGALORE: 19 & 21, Bhagwan Mahaveer Road, (Infantry Road), Bangalore – 560 001.
- MANGALORE: 23-9-655/1, Jeppu, Mangalore – 575 001.
- HUBLI: Kalburgi Katwe Identity, Bannai Gida Stop, Green Garden, Gokul Road, Hubli – 580 030.
- KOCHI: NH Bye – Pass Road, Vytilla Junction, Kochi – 682 019.
- THIRUVANANTHAPURAM:C. No.36/1946(1), Airport Road, Vallakadavu, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 008.
- KOZHIKODE: I Floor, ‘Shazz’, Near Saradha Hospital, Kannur Road, Kozhikode – 673 006
- Phone No: +914428576300
References & Details:
- For more information and application form student can visit the following links: