The Union Minister Suresh Prabhu launched Hirkani Maharashtrachi Scheme for women SHGs in Maharashtra. It is a state-wide district business plan competition for women SHGs. They can present their business ideas & win prices starting from Rs. 50 thousand to Rs. 2 lakh.
The primary objective of the scheme is to empower women & provide earning opportunities through SHGs. The scheme will be implemented by Maharashtra State Innovation Society (MSInS) under the Department of Skills Development & Entrepreneurship. The scheme will be funded by the center government & the winner will get a chance to interact with President Kovind, PM Modi & Vice-President Naidu also.
|Benefits:||District business plan competition|
|Beneficiaries:||Women Self Help Groups (SHGs)|
|Launched By:||Union Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu|
Hirkani Maharashtrachi (District B-Plan Competition) Stages:
- Women SHGs needs to present their business ideas at the taluka level
- 10 SHGs will be selected at the taluka level
- They will be given cash prices of Rs. 5,000 to implement their business ideas
- Top 10 winners of the taluk level can present their ideas at the district level
- The winners at the district level will be given cash prices of Rs. 2 lakh to take their ideas forward
- Top 5 winners will be given work order of Rs. 5 lakh each by the government
Government`s mission is to foster entrepreneurship at the grassroots levels. It will increase involvement of women & provide them equal opportunities.
District B-Plan Competition Categories:
Women SHGs can submit their ideas in the sectors such as agriculture, social service, education & miscellaneous categories.
The initiative was launched in an event & various collectors, ministers, MPs, MLAs & Zilla Parishad Members joined him via video conferencing.