Domicile Certificate is a document of proof that the person is a resident of a certain state. It is issued by the respective state government. Domicile certificate is also called as Residence Certificate. It can be applied by any resident irrespective of caste.
Need of Domicile Certificate:
Domicile certificate is required while taking admissions, for availing the state implemented scholarship scheme, to apply for government jobs where local candidates are required, for availing benefits of other state government schemes, etc
Important documents required while applying for a Domicile Certificate:
Proof of Identity: Any 1 of the following documents
- PAN Card
- Election Card
- Self-attested copy of Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Identity Card issued by Govt. organisation
- Applicant Photo, Signature
Proof of Address: Any 1 of the following documents
- Election Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Electricity Bill
- Ration Card
- Telephone bill
- Driving License
Passport sized photo
Proof needed in Service Attachment:
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Talati
- NOC of Police station
- Last 10 years residence proof
The above-mentioned original documents are to be produced for verification and these are to be submitted in copies for further process.
- The applicant should mandatory be a resident of Gujarat state
- Women who are belonging to other state but got married to a permanent resident of Gujarat are also eligible
How to Apply for Domicile Certificate:
One can apply for domicile certificate in Gujarat either Online or Offline:
For Applying Online:
- The applicant is required to visit the official website of Gujarat government for providing online services ‘Digital Gujarat’ @ digitalgujarat.gov.in
- Click on Services tab and select ‘Citizen Services’ from the drop-down.
- Click on Domicile Certificate from the Online services given below
- Go through the instructions and list of documents required and verify if you have all of them, then start with Registration and click on ‘Apply Online’
- Go to ‘Click for New Registration (citizen) and applicant will be redirected to the registration page,
- Fill in the required details like Mobile no., Email ID, create a Password, Re-enter the password. Enter txt/Captcha and click on Save.
- Then an OTP will be sent to your mentioned mobile no. for verification. Enter the OTP and Submit.
- Then in the next step of Registration, enter details like Full name, district, Residence address and upload a passport size photo. Click on Update
- On the next screen displayed, Create Profile with details like, election id, ration card no., gender, DOB, contact details, and Update profile.
- Then Login to complete the application process.
- Click on ‘Request a New Service’ and select Domicile Certificate
- Check the documents from the list displayed on the next page, and click on continue.
- Follow the instructions and Upload the necessary documents
- Verify the filled form, and continue with payment process. Confirm and Submit.
- A SMS will be sent on the registered mobile no. for the no. and status of application.
- Once the processing and verification of form and documents is completed, the Domicile certificate will be issued.
- Applicant can download the certificate from the same portal.
For Applying Offline:
- Visit the nearest Tehsildar Office/ Revenue Office/Municipal office
- Get the application form (Hard copy) and fill it with the required details and then submit with all the necessary documents.
- Applicant can also take a printout of the application form from the site, manually fill it, sign the declaration, paste photograph and submit it in the office with all the necessary documents. Fee payment is to be made.
- Application will be verified by the Circle officer/VAO/Revenue Inspector
- After thorough verification of documents submitted, the domicile certificate will be issued and sent to the registered address.
Processing Time: A period of 15 days is required for processing (Online) a Domicile Certificate in Gujarat.
Validity: Domicile certificate is valid for life time, in case of permanent residence category
Helpline No./Call Centre No.:
In case of any difficulty or Query or Clarification, the applicant can call on the official Toll-Free no. 1800-233-5500. This service is available 24*7.