Income Certificate is an essential document of proof of annual income of a person. It is issued by the respective state government. It is issued to the employed residents of the state for tax purposes and to help them avail subsidies from the government. It can be applied by any resident of the state irrespective of caste.
Need of Income Certificate:
Income certificate is required as a proof for various civic welfare schemes, while taking admissions, for availing educational loans, for income tax purposes, as a proof while applying for Aadhaar card, Domicile Certificate, etc.
Important documents required while applying for an Income Certificate:
Proof of Identity: Any 1 of the following documents
- PAN Card
- Election Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Identity Card issued by Govt. organisation
- Applicant Photo, Signature
Proof of Address: Any 1 of the following documents
- Election Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Water bill
- Electricity Bill
- Ration Card
- Telephone bill
Age Proof: Any 1 of the following documents
- School leaving certificate
- Birth certificate
Income Proof: Any 1 of the following documents
- Employer certificate
- Salary certificate
- Income proof
- ITR acknowledgement
Passport sized photo
The above-mentioned original documents are to be produced for verification and these are to be submitted in copies for further process.
- Citizen of India
- The applicant should mandatory be a resident of Madhya Pradesh state
How to Apply for Income Certificate:
One can apply for income certificate in Madhya Pradesh either Online or Offline:
For Applying Online:
- The applicant is required to visit the official website, MP e-District portal, Lok Seva Prabandhan @ mpedistrict.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Citizen Login’ tab on the homepage
- On the next page, go through the instructions to avail the online services on the portal and click on Proceed
- Then, select Income Certificate/ Aay Praman Patra option from the certificate list available
- Login page is displayed. Enter a valid mobile no. and security captcha, then click on Get OTP.
- Once the no. is verified via OTP applicant can go ahead with the further process of filling the application form.
- Fill in the relevant details like, Full name, Age, Gender, Parent’s name, Permanent residential address, district, pin code, employment details, annual income details, etc
- Upload the necessary documents as prescribed and in the specified format and click on Submit
- Applicant may have to make a nominal fee payment for the processing of Income certificate.
- Payment can be made through net banking, debit card, credit card or e-wallet
- After successful submission and fee payment, an acknowledgement slip will be generated. It will have the application no.
- Applicant is required to note the no. for future reference.
- A SMS will be sent on the registered mobile no. for the no. and status of application.
- Once the processing and verification of form and documents is completed, the Income certificate will be issued
- Applicant can track the status of the certificate and download the e-certificate from the same portal.
For Applying Offline:
- Visit the nearest Jan Seva Kendra/ Tehsildar Office/ Revenue Office/Municipal office
- Get the application form (Hard copy) and fill it with the required details and then submit with all the necessary documents.
- Applicant can also take a printout of the application form from the site, manually fill it, with the details like, full name, father’s name/husband’s name, residence address details, annual income details, previously issued income certificate (if any) and applicant types as applicable.
- Then read and tick the self-declaration, mention the date, location and sign the form
- Submit it in the office with all the necessary documents. Fee payment is to be made.
- Application will be verified by the Circle officer/VAO/Revenue Inspector
- After thorough verification of documents submitted, the income certificate will be issued and sent to the registered address.
The applicant can also check the application status on the home page of the MP e-District portal, click on the application status option on the right-side bottom of the page. Enter the application/ registration no. received after submitting the duly filled application form. Also, enter the Security captcha and click on Search.
Processing Time: A period of 7-15 days is required for processing (Online) an Income Certificate in Madhya Pradesh
Validity: Income certificate is valid for 1 year form the date of issue.
Helpline No./Call Centre No.:
In case of any difficulty or Query/ Clarification/ Discrepancy the applicant can
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org