IET India Scholarship Award has been designed to reward and celebrate individual excellence and innovation among undergraduate engineering students. The Award was first announced in 2013 and received an excellent response with over 5,000 entries from students across India. The IET India Scholarship will be given on merit-based selection criteria and the winners are selected at Regional & National Level. Nearly 7,000 engineering students applied to the IET India Scholarship Awards last year. Based on the eligibility criteria, 1,300 students were shortlisted to write the preliminary online test. From these 168 students competed at 5 regional rounds in the cities of Bangalore, Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata, and Pune. The competition is open to 2nd & 3rd year Engineering students all over India from an AICTE/UGC approved institution.
Benefits of the IET India Scholarship Award:
- The total scholarship that may be awarded to winners at the regional and national level is of Rs. 8,00,000
- Region Level Winners:
- First Prize Winner per region (total 5 regions): Rs. 40,000 to each student + Certificate
- Second Prize Winner per region (total 5 regions): 20,000 to each student + Certificate
- National Level Winners
- First Prize Winner: 100, 000 to each student + Certificate
- Second Prize Winner: 75,000 to each student + Certificate
- If a student wins the scholarship both in Regional and National level then he/she will be awarded Certificate for both the levels and the prize money for national level only.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for IET India Scholarship Award:
- The application is open for all IET members and non- members and for all branches of engineering as recognized by the AICTE/UGC.
- The Contest is open to 2nd & 3rd-year undergraduate engineering full-time course students pursuing B.Tech from AICTE/ UGC approved institution.
- The Scholarship Award is also open to lateral entry students who join the B.Tech Programme in 2nd year.
- Minimum Marks in UG: The students should have obtained at least 60% in aggregate for the semesters cleared so far or corresponding to CGPA of at least 6.5 in a 10point scale.
- Minimum Marks in Class 12 or equivalent: Higher Secondary (or equivalent) marks should be above 60% or of equivalent grade.
- Candidates who have applied for any other Scholarship can still apply for IET India Scholarship Award.
Documents Required for IET India Scholarship Award:
- Class 10 marks sheet (Mandatory)
- Class 12 marks sheet (Mandatory)
- Engineering marks sheet (For all semesters, completed until now
- CV (Optional)
- Certificate of any National/State Level competition that has won (Optional)
- Certificate of any Indoor/Outdoor sports competition that has won (Optional
- IET India Scholarship application will begin tentatively in the first week of March and the last date to apply online is last week of April
- There is an online application process for applying to the IET India Scholarship Award. There is no offline application process.
- Once Registered, the candidates will receive an e-mail to activate their account and will also get the Username.
- After Activation of the account, the candidates need to log in using their username and password.
- Applications will be considered for the IET India Scholarship Award only if the above documents are self-attested as well as attested by any of the following (attested by Head of the Department/Principal/Dean/Director/Registrar of the Candidate’s institution)
- The completely filled in IET India Scholarship Application Form needs to be submitted online only. The candidates need not send the hard copy of the IET India Scholarship Application Form to the concerned authority.
- For more information applicant can contact to following address: Institution of Engineering and Technology, Unit no 405 & 406, 4th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers, M G Road, Bangalore – 560001
- Phone No: 080 4089 2222
- E-mail- email@example.com
- For Technical Queries: E-mail ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding IET India Scholarship Award visit: http://www.theiet.in/scholarship