The Government of India will be soon launching India Post Payments Bank Scheme (IPPBS) – Aapka Bank Aapke Dwar. The Prime Minister of India Shree Narendra Modi will launch the scheme on 1st Sept 2018. With the new scheme Indian Post will also provide banking services. Citizens of India will get banking services at their doorsteps, seating at their homes. The objectives of the scheme is to provide banking services across India especially in villages and remote areas where banking services are not available.
What is India Post Payments Bank Scheme (IPPBS)? A new initiative by the Govt of India to provide banking service at doorsteps with the help of India Post.
India Post Payments Bank Scheme (IPPBS) Objectives:
- To provide banking services across India
- To make sure that the people from villages and remote areas has access to the banking services
- To provide banking services at door steps
India Post Payments Bank Scheme (IPPBS) Benefits:
- Simplified and convenient banking
- It will revive Indian Posts and increase their revenues
- People in remote areas and villages will get to use convenience of banking services
- IPPBS will modernize Indian Post
India Post Payments Bank Helpline / Toll-Free Number
155299 / email@example.com
India Post Payments Bank Products & Services:
- Savings account
- Current account
- Mobile banking
- SMS banking
- Missed call banking
- Phone banking
- QR card
- Doorstep banking
- Banking for merchants (business banking)
India Post Payments Bank Scheme (IPPBS): Highlights & Implementation
- The scheme will be launched on 1st Sept by Narendra Modi.
- Indian Post will provide banking services at door steps.
- The Indian Post open new branches in various parts of the country.
- At present there are 1.40 lakh branches of the Indian Post which will increase to 2.90 lakh.
- Presently there are 49 thousand branches are in villages which will increase to 1.75 lakh.
- On the launch i.e. on 1st Step 2018 the scheme will be operational in 650 branches of Indian Posts and 3250 IPPBS centers across India.
- Government has intensionally choose Indian Post as they have wide network of branches across the country and people also trusts them.
- 25% profits from the IPPBS will be given to the Indian Post.
- Postman will now become a banker and will take banking service to your doorsteps.
- They will also help citizens in understanding banking.
- Postman will have mobile app and biometric reader.
- Postman will help people open bank accounts, deposit/withdraw money, money transfer, payments etc at their doorstep.
- It will make banks paperless and customers will not have to fill in any form for anything in the banks
More Details & References:
- India Post Payments Bank official website: ippbonline.com
- Visit your nearest IPPB branch / access point: