Madhya Pradesh government has launched Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojna (IKJY) for farmers in the state. They will be given 50% subsidy on the agricultural pump electricity connections. Agricultural electricity bills will be slashed to half with the scheme. A flat rate of Rs. 700 per year per horse power will be charged for the agriculture pump connections upto 10 horsepower. The subsidy amount will be paid by the MP government.
|Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojna (IKJY)|
|State:||Madhya Pradesh (MP)|
|Benefits:||50% subsidy on agricultural pump electricity bills|
|Launch Date:||1st April 2019|
|Launched By:||MP CM Kamal Nath|
- Electricity at the flat rate of Rs. 700 per horsepower per year for agricultural pumps upto 10 horsepower
- 50% subsidy on unpaid bills on temporary electricity connections for upto 10 horsepower pumps
- 100% subsidy (free electricity) for upto 5 horsepower pumps for SC/ST farmers with upto 1 hector (5 acre) of agricultural land
Eligibility Criteria for Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojna:
- Applicable only in Madhya Pradesh
- Applicable only on the agricultural pump meters
- Application only on agricultural pumps upto 10 horsepower
- For Scheduled Caste & Schedule Tribes 100% subsidy is applicable only for the those farmers who has less than 1 hector of land & less than 5 horsepower pumps
The primary objective of the scheme is to reduce financial burden on the farmers. It will provide much required relief to the farmers in the state. The announcement was made on the 7th February 2019 & the implementation of the scheme will start from 1st April 2019. A budget of 2,226 crores is allocated for the scheme. 62 lakh MP farmers will benefit from the scheme. The application forms & application procedure is yet to be announced by the government.