Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP) is the scheme which was launched in the late financial year 1978. Since then it had put tremendous on rural areas. The main objective of the scheme is to bring rural people in the main stream. The targeted people are farmers, artisans, scheduled caste/tribes who live below poverty line. So, under this scheme the govt. provide financial assistance to targeted people so that they can make efforts to make themselves better. The distribution of assistance is in two categories handicapped and others as farmers, artisans and follows. Both groups are provided money and the rest is how they utilize it. After disbursement of the assistance money tracking is done of the progress poor’s are doing and according to status further actions are taken.
Benefits of Integrated Rural Development Programme:
- Rs. 6000 subsidy: The families of schedule caste/tribes and handicapped people are given Rs. 6000 to have a self-employed activities.
- Rs. 5000 subsidy: The farmers, artisans and agricultural laborers are given Rs. 5000 subsidy to generate another income source.
- Independent sources of income: By this strategy of providing financial help to BPL people is generating and promoting entrepreneurship indirectly.
Eligibility for Integrated Rural Development Programme:
- Any person below poverty line.
- Person must be farmer, agricultural laborer, artisans, Schedules caste/tribe or handicapped.
Document required for Integrated Rural Development Programme:
Since the scheme is implemented by the state govt. after the survey, and further work is assigned to the local govt. entities. The complete knowledge about the scheme and documents required are available at their offices.
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Integrated Rural Development Programme.
- Local MPs.
- Gram Panchayat.
- District Rural Development Agencies.
- Zila Parishad.
- Representatives of SC/ST communities.
Online Form to enroll for Integrated Rural Development Programme:
As the scheme is implemented after the survey by District Rural Development Agencies the form (if any) will be available there.
To know more about the details and FAQs visit the link