The Chief Minister of Delhi has announced Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Viskas Yojana. The scheme will provide free coaching for preparations of competitive examinations such as civil services, medical, engineering, banking, judicial services entrance examinations. The scheme is for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students. These students will be provided coaching in well known and established coaching centers in Delhi.
Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Viskas Yojana benefits:
- Initially 100 students and subsequently 5000 students will be provided free coaching
- A stipend of Rs. 2,500 as well be given to buy books and accessories
Eligibility for Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Viskas Yojana:
- Scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students studying in Delhi
- Students who`s family income is less than Rs. 2 lakh will get 100% free coaching
- Students who`s family income is between Rs. 2-6 lakh will get 75% assistance
The Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Viskas Scheme was launched in a function for paying tributes to Dr B R Ambedkar on 9 December. On the occasion the Chief Minister Aravind Kejriwal said that to translate the dreams of Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar education must be made accessible and available to poor, backward and vulnerable sections of the society.
Government also launched a mobile app for loan applications to setup small businesses for SC, ST, Handicapped, Minorities in the National Capital Delhi. Click here to read more about the loan app.