The West Bengal government announced Janamanashe Scheme a mental health awareness program (মানসিক স্বাস্থ্য প্রকল্পে এ বার স্বনির্ভর মহিলারা) for citizens and specially women in the state. The main objective of the scheme is to detect brain related problems and provide them immediate help. The scheme will be implemented by the Self-Help Groups (SHGs) along with mental health specialists.
What is Janamanashe Scheme? A mental health awareness program by the WB government.
- To identify brain related problems faster
- To provide specialist support for the mental health issues
- Free and doorstep mental health check-up
- Specialist consultation on mental health issues
- Free treatment
Application form & how to apply for Janamanashe Scheme?
Application is not required for the Janamanashe Scheme. Everyone in the West Bengal is eligible for the scheme. WB Government volunteers will go to each of the households and provide free checkup and consultation.
— All India Trinamool Congress (@AITCofficial) October 5, 2018
Janamanashe Mental Health Awareness Scheme: Highlights & Implementation
- Schemes to be implemented with the help of NGOs
- Volunteers in NOGs/SHGs will be trained in clinical psychology
- These teams will work in rural and urban areas of WB
- These volunteers will poses database of the list of the households to visit
- They will go to each of the households in the state and create mass awareness about the mental health and brain related issues
- They will talk to each members of the households to know issues as many don’t want to talk about it
- A database of the people with mental health issues will be created
- Specialists will then provide treatment to the people in the list
- The scheme will take next one and half year for implementation
- It will be implemented through out West Bengal