Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) is the initiative by Govt. of India under which cities are made more developed. According to 2001 census it was found that 285 million people lives in urban areas and by 2021 this will increase more and the population share of people living in urban areas will increase up to 40% of the total population. And, as Indian govt. is fully dedicated in betterment of rural India there was a need of renovating Indian cities. Under JNNURM special attention is given at Infrastructure and Transportation facilities. With advancement in facilities scheme also have the provisions to make life and lifestyle of urban people better. Projects like Water Supply & Sanitation, Sewerage & Solid waste management, Construction & improvement of drains & storm water drains, Urban transportation including roads, railways, etc., Parking lots, Prevention of Water bodies and many more.
Benefits of Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission:
- Advanced Infrastructure: Under the scheme special attention is given at the infrastructure and its advancement which is helpful to each and every person in the city.
- Asset-making and management: Mission helps people with making best of their money by guiding them in making assets and managing them.
- Funds: It ensures that no work is incomplete because of inadequate funds. Funding is provided till the completion of infrastructure.
- Guaranteed delivery of Services: Urban poor people are also of prime priority in this mission. Scheme assures that every poor in the city gets the benefit of services.
- Affordable services: Revenue is generated in such a way that poor can afford the services and still the govt. is not in loss.
Eligibility for Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
Areas are selected on the basis of population or the type of projects that can be implemented.
- Cities/UAs with 4 million plus population as per 2001 census.
- Cities/UAs with more than 1 million but less than 4 million population as per 2001 census.
- Selected Cities/UAs (State Capitals and other cities/UA of religious/historic and tourist importance).
Document required for the scheme
- Complete Application form.
- Proposed plan work.
- Rest document details according to the overview of JNNURM (http://jnnurm.nic.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/PMSpeechOverviewE.pdf)
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission.
- Mahanagar Palika’s
- Elected Bodies.
- Ministries of Urban Development.
Online Form to enroll for financial assistance:
Application forms with instruction are on this link http://jnnurm.nic.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/English1_Toolkit1.pdf
For more details visit link:
To get more details and insight of the mission refer the link http://jnnurm.nic.in/