JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is awarded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The Trust offers scholarships in the form of loans for higher studies abroad. the scholarship, however, may not cover the full cost of studies. It ranges between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 10 lakhs, depending on certain pre-determined norms. Not all candidates are qualified to get the full amount. However, selected scholars are likely to get a gift scholarship as well from Jamsetji Tata Trust and a Travel Grant from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, completely at the behest of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can amount to a maximum of Rs.10,00,000 and travel grant a maximum of Rs. 50,000. JN Tata Endowment Scholarship forms are available on the website- The candidates have to fill the application form through Online only.
Benefits of JN Tata Endowment Scholarship:
- The Endowment award is like a one-time loan that is given at the beginning of the course/ specialized training.
- Cash reward ranging between Rs 1,00, 000 and Rs 10,00,000.
- Additional cash gift of Rs 10,00,000.
- Scholarships will be awarded only to those who have successfully gained admission in the university abroad and has obtained the relevant visa.
- The scholarship is at a simple interest of 2% per annum. However, if students repay within the specified time period (between the end of 4th and 7th year), the Trustees may waive the interest.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for JN Tata Endowment Scholarship:
- The Scholarship is open for following people who wish to go abroad for higher education or specialized training.
- Fresh Graduates from a recognized university
- Mid-Career Professionals who wish to go for a specialized training.
- Mid-Career Academics with several years’ work experience.
- Scholars pursuing a full-time higher education in any field of study.
- Students pursuing full-fledged Masters, Doctoral or Postdoctoral program abroad.
- Students pursuing final year graduation and with a good academic record can apply for the scholarship.
- Aspirants applying for JN Tata Endowment Scholarship are required to have already applied for admission to the university they plan to join for higher studies abroad.
- Students who have applied to the university but the result is awaited can also apply for the scholarship program.
- JN Tata Endowment Scholarship can only be filled online by the interested candidates. The candidates must read all the instructions carefully before filling the online application form.
- Click here to Apply for JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
- Candidates have to register for the JN Tata Endowment Loan scholarship by using their email ID.
- After successful registration, a one-time password will be sent to the registered email ID, which will be valid for 48 hours. Candidates can login using their registered email ID and password to proceed further.
- Candidates have to upload a statement of purpose with not more than 800 words and a scanned copy of recommendation letter specially addressed to the Trustees of the J N Tata Endowment on the respective letterhead with full address, telephone, and mobile numbers OR from the official email address of the following:
- A Professor of the College or University OR
- The Employer, in case the candidates is/was working.
- The completely filled-in JN Tata Endowment Application Forms need to be submitted online. The candidates must not send their Application form by post.
- The candidates must preview their filled in the Application form carefully and make the necessary corrections if required before once they submit they will not be able to correct the fields entered in the Application Form.
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: The J.N. Tata Endowment, Administrative Office, Mulla House, 4th floor, 51, M.G. Road, Fort Mumbai 400 001.
- Tel: (022) – 66657681, 66657198, 66657774
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
References & Details:
- For more information regarding JN Tata Endowment Scholarship visit: http://jntataendowment.org/faq