Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Bio-medical Science Studies is actually the kind of fellowship given to the students of Science faculty. Students who wish to pursue P. hd. Or conduct any research and seek environment can appear for the fellowship. Fellowship is granted on merit basis after conducting an examination. Overall top 150 qualifiers are granted fellowship out of which 120 are for the students who did work in Life Science and remaining 30 for the students who contributed in Social Science degrees. Apart from these fellowships another 100 candidates are selected for position of junior researcher at various research schemes.
Life Science degrees: Microbiology, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Human Biology, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Immunology, Pharmacology, Zoology, Environment Science, Botany, Veterinary Science, Bioinformatics, etc.
Social Science degrees: Psychology, Home Science, Sociology, Statistics, Anthropology, Social Work, Health Economics.
Testing Centers: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Srinagar and Varanasi.
Benefits of Junior Research Fellowship:
- Fellowship of Rs. 25000: Qualifiers will get a fellowship of Rs. 25, 000 per month
- Contingency fund separate: Annual contingency grant of Rs. 20, 000 per annum
- Environment to carry research: The scheme provides an environment to carry research
Eligibility for National Prohibition and Drug Abuse Prevention Scheme:
- Candidate should hold graduate degree in bio-medical studies
- Open category candidate must be of 28 years while applying for test whereas SC/ST/Physically Handicapped person can be 33 years of age and Females & OBC candidates must be 31 years old
- To qualify the exam candidate of General & OBC category must score minimum 55% and SC/ST & Physically Handicapped candidate must score minimum 50%
- Aadhar Card
- Electricity bill
- Mark sheets and all degree certificates
- Bank passbook having (bank name, branch name, account holder name, IFSC & MICR code)
- Caste Certificate
- Research papers/case studies
Application forms are released afresh every year. When forms are released advertisement in leading newspaper holds every details and even colleges are informed about the application forms and forms are made available at this link http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/.
Whom to contact where to contact for more information about the scheme:
Indian Council of Medical Research
P.O. Box No. 4911
New Delhi – 110029
References and Details:
For more details about the scheme kindly visit the following link