The Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has announced yet another scheme for farmers called KALIA Chhatravritti Yojana (Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana). It is a scholarship scheme for farmer`s children. They will be provided free of cost higher education in government professional colleges. The scheme is applicable only to the KALIA scheme beneficiaries farmers only. The scholarship will be given to students getting admission on the merit basis only.
What is KALIA Scheme? Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation Scheme is the Odisha government scheme to provide financial assistance to the state farmers.
|Scheme:||KALIA Chhatravritti Yojana / Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana / KALIA Scholarship Scheme|
|Benefits:||Free higher education|
|Beneficiaries:||Farmer`s children who are eligible for KALIA scheme|
|Launched By:||Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik|
|Launch Date:||February 2019|
|Hepline / Toll-free No:||1800 572 1122|
KALIA Chhatravritti Yojana Benefits:
- Scholarship for farmer`s children for higher education
- Free of cost education in government collages in professional courses
- Applicable only for the permanent resident farmers
- Children of all KALIA beneficiary farmers only are eligible
- All those KALIA beneficiary children who got admission to the government colleges for professional courses on merit basis
- KALIA Scheme Odisha: How to check your name in beneficiary list?
- kalia.co.in – Kalia Yojana Odisha Website, Information Service Helpline, Barta, Green & Red Forms
The primary objective of the scheme is to make sure that the children of poor & marginal farmers get equal opportunities. The scheme will help meritorious students to obtain higher education in professional courses. KALIA Scheme along with Chhatravritti Yojana will empower farmer families. CM Naveen Patnaik wants to see farmer`s children to become doctors, engineers, managers & lawyers.