The Chief Minister of West Bangal Mamata Banerjee has launched a ambitious Kanyashree Prakalpa scheme for the poor and underprivileged girls in the state. Kanyashree Scheme is a welfare and scholarship scheme for the girls in WB. Under the scheme the Department of Women Development and Social Welfare, Government of West Bengal (DWD&SW) provides a annual scholarship along with one time grant is provided to the girls in the state.
West Bengal government received prestigious United Nations Public Service Award for Kanyashree Prakalpa.
The scheme reduced the dropout rate amongst the poor girls and is successful in creating awareness about girls/women empowerment and delaying their marriages till the age of 18. The state CM was recognized with United Nations Public Service Award for Asia Pacific for the successful implementation of the scheme.
Kanyashree Prakalpa: Benefits
- An annual scholarship of Rs. 750 which is now revised to Rs. 1000 for the unmarried girls between age 13-18 studying in 8th till 12th class in government approved school/college or open school or equivalent vocational courses
- One-time grant of Rs. 25,000 when the girls turns 18 years of age and enrolled in government recognized institutes for vocational or higher studies
The scheme has encouraged girls and their families to continues their studies and delay their marriage till 18 years of age. The scheme is drafted and implemented in such as way that it has significantly contributed to the wellbeing of the health and social status of the adolescents girls and young women in the West Bengal.
Kanyashree Prakalpa: Eligibility or Who can apply?
- All the girls between 13-18 years of age residing the the West Bengal
- Girls who’s family income is less than Rs. 1.20 lakh annually
- Girls who are regularly attending school/college for education/vocational courses/sports training
- Unmarried certificate
- Family income certificate
- Age proof certificate
- Certificate of disability (if applicable)
- Parents deceased certificate (if applicable)
- Bank account statement
How to apply for Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme / Step by step application procedure:
STEP 1: Application forms for Kanyashree Prakalpa scholarship and one time grant are available at schools and colleges. Correctly fill in the application form.
STEP 2: Attached all the required documents and submit the form in the school or college
STEP 3: Make sure that the acknowledge and properly filled, signed and stamped by the school or college authorities. Get the acknowledge receipt from them and keep it safe. The receipt number can be used to check the status of the application online
Approximately 18 lakh girls are given the scholarship annually along with 3.5 lakh girls who are given one-time grant.
Kanyashree Prakalpa: Highlights
- What is Kanyashree Prakalpa? A conditional cash transfer scheme to improve status and wellbeing of the economically backward girls in the West Bangal.
- Kanyashree official website: https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_4.0/index.php
- Kanyashree mobile app: https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_4.0/kp_app_download.php
- Kanyashree Prakalpa guidelines: https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/readwrite/publications/000086.pdf
- Track your application: https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_track_status.php
- Contact Details/Grievances: email@example.com or https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/kp_grievance_home.php
- Kanyashree Prakalpa Application form: https://wbkanyashree.gov.in/readwrite/publications/000086.pdf