West Bengal government launched a new scheme for the unemployed youth of the state. On the occasion of International Youth Day, CMO West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee, announced the scheme in the state. The main objective of the scheme is to make the youth of West Bengal self-reliant and boost them towards self-employment opportunities.
|Scheme name:||Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme|
|Scheme Under:||West Bengal Government|
|Announced by:||CMO West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee|
|Applicable State:||West Bengal|
|Benefit:||Financial Assistance in the form of loans|
|Beneficiaries:||About 1 lakh unemployed youth in the state|
|Major Objective:||To provide financial loans and subsidies to the unemployed youth and make them self-reliant.|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the unemployed youth across the state.
- It aims at providing loans and subsidies so as to make them self-reliant
- It aims at promoting self-employment opportunities
- It will boost the youth towards taking up new opportunities thereby increasing their productivity
- This scheme enables solving the issue of financial hindrance thereby boosting self-employment and business opportunities
- About 1 lakh unemployed individuals will be benefited under the scheme with loans and subsidies
- This scheme is applicable only to the residents of West Bengal state
- The applicants should have a valid identity proof
- Applicant should have at least passed matriculation and HSC
- Identity Proof
- Proof of Residence/Address
- Educational certificate
- Income certificate
- Passport sized photo
- Contact details
- Currently, the dedicated portal is in progress, thus the detailed application procedure is yet to be launched for this scheme.
- The concerned authorities will be soon giving out a notification regrading the same
- Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme was launched with a sanction of Rs. 500 crores budget
- This scheme will provide loans to about 1 lakh individuals for the start and targets to cover about 3 lakhs in the coming 3 years.
- Loan of about 2 lakhs will be provided to the beneficiaries. This loan amount will be provided through the cooperative banks
- This scheme is mainly a youth-based scheme. It covers the unemployed youth across the state
- It is mainly a development and welfare scheme
- Thus, the scheme majorly focuses on providing assistance and promoting self-employment opportunities thereby achieving the self-reliance objective.